PDA

View Full Version : My GSkill RMA Experience = Very Good

edge929
12-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to let others know about my RMA experience with GSkill as you mainly only hear about bad experiences on forums and those with good experiences assume that's how it always is.

First off, I went to www.gskill.com and clicked on Support. From there I followed the directions to the T for the RMA process. I understand that GSkill needs certain information about my faulty memory and was more than willing to write a novel explaining the problems I was having. I sent the email and got a reply the very next morning with further instructions.

I sent out the RAM on a Tuesday which I assume was received on Thursday or Friday and the replacement RAM was sent out promptly the following Monday by GSkill. I was worried the US Tech would test my RAM, seeing how it was memtest stable 24/7 but not Windows stable despite playing with the RAM for almost a year (2x512MB GBLE). I followed Kakaroto's guide to the T and tried everything else under the sun to no avail.

In the end, I received the new RAM, which was the newer TCCD chips and heat spreaders (old RAM didn't have them). This new RAM ran exactly the way it was suppose too from the beginning. The GSkill reps were very nice and responded to all of my 3 emails within 24 hours of sending them. In the crazy world of RMA and returns, that's a very good response time in my book. Over the years, I've dealt with Corsair, Twinmos, and OCZ RMAs and have to say that GSkill was the best.

I will not hesitate to purchase future GSkill products now that I know you back them.

gr8golf
12-23-2005, 02:21 PM
I did one via email - outstanding service!

GSKILL TECH
12-27-2005, 10:44 AM
thank you guys!
i always ship out the replacement kit at the same day or the day after if i get too busy. this thread is the best gift for my xmas :)

thank you

kakaroto
01-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks, we try to satisfy every G.skill owner the best we can.