PDA

View Full Version : WaterCooling Advice

Mr Dead
01-19-2003, 11:20 AM
Just about ready to order my first water cooling kit (DangerDen) my question is it worth getting the additional Gforce4 and chipset blocks? I have an Abit Kx7333-R and a Leadteck Ti4200 which has a lump of a gpu and mem cooler already. I have already unlocked my xp2100 and can wait to get some real speed out of it.

ABIT KX7333-R
XP2100 (UNLOCKED)
512MB SAMSUNG PC2700
SOUNDBLASTER 5.1 LIVE
LEADTECK TI4200
2 60 GIG MAXTOR 7200 - RAID 0
PIONEER A03
PIONEER 16X DVD
LITEON 48X CDRW

p.s. just ordered a nice new aluminium case - looks good

http://www.skyhawkusa.com/jupiter_case.htm

Aaron
01-19-2003, 12:07 PM
I have the leadtek too, I ordered the GPU waterblock and didn't even think of the ram. I didnt realize that the ram got as hot as it did. I started noticing tearing right away, plopped a couple ram sinks on there and what do you know the tearings gone.

As for if its worth it, the verdict is still out on that as far as I'm concerned, I need a faster h2o pump to see. I ordered the swiftech 330 GPH model.

I also need a fan on the mem chipsets as even with big nasty ram sinks they get toasty. On the up side, I fairly certain it will all be worthwhile in the end.

Aaron

Keeper
01-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Water cooling the gpu sure reduced my case temps.

hedge
01-19-2003, 08:48 PM
It depends on how hard you are going to push your system. Most people, even OPP and MrIcee, on use are cooling on their chipsets. As for the gpu, I would buy the swiftech mcw40-t or mcw50-t because they attach better to the card and have a peltier built into the block. You can order them without the peltiers, but why?

hedge

Aaron
01-19-2003, 09:34 PM
You can order them without the peltiers, but why?

Becuase that peltier is going to add a hell of a lot of heat to the circuit. You should never have a peltier cooled device on the same circuit unless all the other items are peltier cooled. I am sure that there are ways around this like perhaps paralel rads with the pelt rad folowed by a res. But then thats just speculation, I'd have to try it.

If you decide to go with the swiftek MCW-50 you can add the peltier later for like 20 bones from swiftech (http://www.swiftnets.com)

one thing to keep in mind with these blocks is that they like alot of flow, but then again what block dosn't?

Aaron

hedge
01-20-2003, 01:00 PM
I guess I should have mentioned that. My friend runs his mcw-50 on a seprate loop from that of the cpu. You would have no idea how much room two radiators takes up in a case. :D

Hedge