PDA

View Full Version : Soundblaster LIVE! 5.1 vs ASROCK DUAL939 onboard sound

m3ta1head
12-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Should I even bother installing my SB in my new rig? I've read in reviews that the quality of the Dual939's onboard sound was quite good. (it got rated higher than the DFI Ultra D)

Would it be worth it to install the soundcard? The only reason I am hesitant is because it would block a lot of the airflow to my video card.

And buying a new soundcard is NOT an option, so don't reccomend it :nono:

I have Creative T5400's if that helps.

PorkchopExpress
12-20-2005, 04:20 PM
No, don't bother using the SBlive!.

As far as audio performance goes, a lot of the codecs that are used on-board now adays are pretty good.

Major_A
12-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Might as well give it a try. Install it and see if you think it's any better. If you want to get technical run Rightmark's Audio Analyzer software to determine which one is better for you.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/RightMark-Audio-Analyzer.shtml

nn_step
12-20-2005, 07:36 PM
you might as well just be using Waveform :rolleyes:
Get something alot better

m3ta1head
12-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the replies guys
Yeah I suppose I could try anyway, but the only problem, again, is that the sound card would block a lot of airflow to my 6800.

steiner666
12-27-2005, 11:46 AM
i have the same mobo and sound card and I have tried both. I didn't hear much difference in the two but at the time i remember thinking the SB was a little less distorted in some situations.. which probably boils down to just a driver issue. My X-Fi is on its ways, so we'll see if it's as good as people say it is. BTW, love the prof m3ta1, Laiho + COB kick ass!

WeStSiDePLaYa
01-16-2006, 06:28 AM
No, don't bother using the SBlive!.

As far as audio performance goes, a lot of the codecs that are used on-board now adays are pretty good.

dude, do you realize that the sb live uses the SAME chip as the audigy2/4 series? there is very little difference on the hardware side. the biggest difference comes from drivers, and thats where hacked drivers come in.