PDA

View Full Version : One stick of my new HZ won't boot

Achilles17
12-13-2005, 11:13 AM
I just got a 2x1gb kit of the PC4000 HZ, but when I tried swapping out my old sticks and putting the new ones in, I just got a loud, long beep from my Ultra-D. Three of the four red diagnostic LED lights were on, and the fourth blinked occasionally. Anyway, I took out the second stick and tried just the first, and it worked fine. Then I tried just the second, and I had the same problem. Do I have a bad stick of ram, or is there some solution here? I posted this in the big HZ thread, but I thought I would make a thread here to get a quicker responce. Anyway, thanks!

GSKILL TECH
12-13-2005, 11:18 AM
I just got a 2x1gb kit of the PC4000 HZ, but when I tried swapping out my old sticks and putting the new ones in, I just got a loud, long beep from my Ultra-D. Three of the four red diagnostic LED lights were on, and the fourth blinked occasionally. Anyway, I took out the second stick and tried just the first, and it worked fine. Then I tried just the second, and I had the same problem. Do I have a bad stick of ram, or is there some solution here? I posted this in the big HZ thread, but I thought I would make a thread here to get a quicker responce. Anyway, thanks!
do u get it from newegg or outside of US?
i guess either need to RMA to newegg for DOA or RMA to me from replacement

Achilles17
12-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah, from newegg. It is definitely the ram then? It seemed like it, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, should I RMA both sticks (even though one works), or just the dead one?

GSKILL TECH
12-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah, from newegg. It is definitely the ram then? It seemed like it, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, should I RMA both sticks (even though one works), or just the dead one?
you need to RMA both sticks to me or newegg. if you can boot one but not the other, i guess it is the problem with ram