PDA

View Full Version : vb6 DirListBox and more help

Noxious020189
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
I need help trying to figure this out. This is my first time ever useing Visual Basic 6.0 and the reason why I am trying this is cause I just started in a computer programming class on Quick Baisc. Yes I know it's used for nothing more or less, but it's a start. I also know how to do some HTML, but anyways here is my problem. The link below show what I am makeing. It is a program where you can rename you files like renders for photoshop cause me and my girl friend like to do work in photoshop. So when it's named mkradin.png I want it to conver it to Render [1].png and then the next one to Render [2].png and then so on. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to do that, and please don't tell me cause I like to research on how to do this. I just can not find a way to get the DriveListBox to go to the DirListBox, and then the the DirListBox to the FileListBox. After that I cannot find out how to make it so on defualt I want it to make the DriveListBox to go to C:\ and then the DirListBox to go to defult on ...My Document\My Pictures (What I need to know is how so that it can go to everyones that owns the program so that they dont have to go through C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Pictures. Then I need to know one last thing and that is how to select multiple things in the FileListBox. If you could please help me it would be appreciated Thank you in advance, and I'm sorry that I asked so many questions in one.

Picture Posted:
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1919/rename0tp.gif
(Sorry about the quality, I don't have Adobe Photoshop installed on here cause I'm grounded)

Sum Things Up:

~ How can I "link" DriveListBox to DirListBox to FileListBox
~ How can I make default the DriveListBox C:\
~ How can I make default the DirListBox C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Pictures so that all users can use it
~ How can I make it so that you can select multiple things in FileListBox

Again, Thank you