PDA

View Full Version : Water in my Air lines

Aaron
01-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Hey guys. question for those of you with water cooled set ups. I Just set mine up tonight :D Anyway, I got little bubbles in the lines and I basically moved the system around some tilting it and what not to make sure there wasn't any air in the blocks or rad, well the pump gasped a big pocket of air and shot it into the lines. the temp shot up about 7 degrees C almost instantly and has been chilling there ever since. So the question remains, whats the procedure for making sure there is no air in system. Im guessing its different for every system, some general ponters would be nice though.

Thanks

Aaron

NyCUndaGrounD
01-16-2003, 08:40 PM
If u have a reservoir, u can add those foam things from the fish tank filters and add a piece to the reservoir. It clears the bubbles 100% out of the system.
:banana:

Svenn
01-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by NyCUndaGrounD
If u have a reservoir, u can add those foam things from the fish tank filters and add a piece to the reservoir. It clears the bubbles 100% out of the system.
:banana:

What foam things from fish tank filters? And what piece to the resevoir?

Crazymofo
01-16-2003, 10:00 PM
Dude did you even leak test the setup first?? I really hope you did. If this is a closed loop setup then you need to have an air trap at the highest point in the loop to get the air out.

Aaron
01-16-2003, 11:59 PM
Dude did you even leak test the setup first

Yes for a little over an hour. Everything was cool. I was just sweating the bubbles and started moving it around. The water level dipped below the pick up on the submerged pump for a second.

Keeper
01-17-2003, 06:43 AM
I prefer the submerged under water outside the case method myself, and 24hr leak testing. I use a five gallon bucket filled with distilled water.