PDA

View Full Version : PA120.3 Stateside?

orkan
12-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Anyplace to get this stateside?

... and for kicks, is it better, or worse than the BIX 120.3?

EnJoY
12-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Well lets see....nope. (DDen says any day now, PerformancePCs says whenever DDen gets em)

And the HE120.3 was better than the BIX3 with fans 80cfm and above, and just as good or a tiny bit worse with weaker fans. So yes, the PA120.3 is better than the BIX3.

Gimmpy224
12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
^^^^ what he said

bapski
12-06-2005, 08:49 PM
i would order straight from thermochill. shipping is fast and reliable..would take forever if youi wait for it to come here in the states....

lv_dicedealer
12-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Order from Thermochill.com , I did and it didn't take forever.

MaxxxRacer
12-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Its all on DD getting their head out of the sand as they have an exclusive deal with thermochill saying they are the ONLY distributor for thermochill products in the U.S.

Marci
12-07-2005, 04:19 AM
DangerDen should literally have supplies within hours I think... we've now removed the option of shipping to US from ThermoChill.com as the rads will be fully available locally within US very very shortly (before week is thru), from DangerDen, MountainMods, JabTech and others...

Note DangerDen are the sole distribution point in the US... not the sole retailer. If we allowed retailers to purchase direct, rads would be even more expensive in US due to lack of bulk discount. By DangerDen handling trade, it means they order in much larger quantities than a retailer would, thus bringing price down. The smaller the order quantities, the more expensive the rad. Having dedicated distribution outlet per country just makes economic sense...

bapski
12-07-2005, 05:41 AM
if i have any reason to be upset, you know why MARCI :(.

just got my pa120.3 after waiting for so loong for it to be available here. and then after recieving it, itll be available here now! grrrrrr... it better be not way cheaper than i got it.

:confused: :confused:

Marci
12-07-2005, 06:15 AM
Cor folks don't `arf like holding manufacturers responsible for yer own purchasing decisions don't ya...?!

We always said from day one that our products would be available from DangerDen, all folks had to do was be patient. We got bombarded by e-mails so ended up making them available direct from ourselves, solely for that reason. It won't be any cheaper to buy from DangerDen as it was direct from ourselves. You think a distributor can sell for less than the manufacturer can sell for?? Only thing that'll be cheaper will be the shipping costs, which are out of our hands... and ruled out entirely for those patient enough for our distributors to order stocks (the timing for which again is out of our hands and solely down to the distributor and retailers of that distributor).

freak22
12-07-2005, 06:43 AM
I think the term is "supply and demand".

the people want it so the its made avaliable.

Gimmpy224
12-07-2005, 07:13 AM
itll probably be the same price at thermo as it would be at dd wouldnt it?
just basing this off the HE series being a tad more expensive at dd than they are at thermochill.

bapski
12-07-2005, 07:54 AM
DangerDen should literally have supplies within hours I think... we've now removed the option of shipping to US from ThermoChill.com as the rads will be fully available locally within US very very shortly (before week is thru), from DangerDen, MountainMods, JabTech and others...

Note DangerDen are the sole distribution point in the US... not the sole retailer. If we allowed retailers to purchase direct, rads would be even more expensive in US due to lack of bulk discount. By DangerDen handling trade, it means they order in much larger quantities than a retailer would, thus bringing price down. The smaller the order quantities, the more expensive the rad. Having dedicated distribution outlet per country just makes economic sense...

you may want to check that again. i tried going to thermochill and i seem was able to process my order of it being shipped here in the states.

bapski
12-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Cor folks don't `arf like holding manufacturers responsible for yer own purchasing decisions don't ya...?!

We always said from day one that our products would be available from DangerDen, all folks had to do was be patient. We got bombarded by e-mails so ended up making them available direct from ourselves, solely for that reason. It won't be any cheaper to buy from DangerDen as it was direct from ourselves. You think a distributor can sell for less than the manufacturer can sell for?? Only thing that'll be cheaper will be the shipping costs, which are out of our hands... and ruled out entirely for those patient enough for our distributors to order stocks (the timing for which again is out of our hands and solely down to the distributor and retailers of that distributor).

you do know i was kidding right? :)

orkan
12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
I can't order it directly from thermochill's site... they "dont directly service my area" ...

now what? SOMEONE has to have these things, that is in the USA... or can at least ship one here.

ExtraPickles
12-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Same boat here... waiting on DD to update website.

-pickles

lv_dicedealer
12-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Try calling DD and order it

orkan
12-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Just got off the phone with DD. Said they'll have them up on the website by monday or so.

Im jealous. The guy I talked to on the phone was standing next to who knows how many of them. lol

Psyche911
12-10-2005, 07:42 AM
By DangerDen handling trade, it means they order in much larger quantities than a retailer would, thus bringing price down.

But that's also adding a middle-man, unless I'm misunderstanding something. That wouldn't help prices.

orkan
12-10-2005, 07:52 AM
But that's also adding a middle-man, unless I'm misunderstanding something. That wouldn't help prices.

Thats not really how it works.

187(V)URD@
12-10-2005, 07:57 AM
thermochill rad is avail in europe, but it cost 100+ € for dual.

orkan
12-10-2005, 09:00 AM
DD says the price will be exactly what they have listed for their HE120.3 rad. ... I'll be haunting their site all weekend till I see it up. :)

They should pull a weekend for this kind of product damnit!

demenion
12-11-2005, 02:49 PM
So is it worth waiting for the PA120.2 then just getting a Black Ice Extreme 2?

I bought a used bi extreme 2 but it was pretty busted up.. seller is giving me a refund so I dont know if I should buy another one or go for the PA120.2

also, anyone have measurements for the holes?

I was planning on modding my case with RadGrillz (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=290&products_id=3697), however it saids it is not compatible with Thermochills.

"RadGrillz have been found to work fine with Hardware Labs (Black Ice) and Swiftech Radiators but, not the Thermochills. "

Is there a significant performance difference between both the radiators? I want to keep my system below 38dB and want something that will last me a long time so I wouldnt mind spending more money on the PA.

Marci
12-12-2005, 02:25 AM

We make less on US Sold rads by allowing DD to purchase them at a reduced price which thus allows them to sell for the same price as it would cost to purchase direct from ourselves. Yes it adds a middleman, but we the emanufacturer are the only ones who lose out...

I was planning on modding my case with RadGrillz, however it saids it is not compatible with Thermochills.

"RadGrillz have been found to work fine with Hardware Labs (Black Ice) and Swiftech Radiators but, not the Thermochills. "

Hence we brought our own out... see thermochill.com
Measurements for the holes are also on thermochill.com in the FAQ and in the guides... http://www.thermochill.com/guides.php

As for performance - no official figures on PA vs BIX so check around the forums - the decision is ultimately yours....

MaxxxRacer
12-12-2005, 03:59 AM
Marci, the thermochill rad grill is pretty nice (finally got mine a few days ago after 3 weeks) but I think that a brushed aluminum and brushed aluminum black anno would do very well .

Marci
12-12-2005, 04:08 AM
Price diff between current sidewall material and hi-grade aluminium (suitable for anodising) is large... price'd go up... majority won't buy as it stands due to price - put em up more and we restrict market even further... *shrug*. Rock to the left, harder place to the right.

Some big deals in the pipework - see what next year holds... may have more headroom for play then...

MaxxxRacer
12-12-2005, 04:28 AM
Sidewall?? You mean grill material.

dont need high grade. 5051 (lian li and radgrillz are made from this) will do the trick for anno. its a real soft Al alloy..

but i hear you on the price. steel is alot cheaper than aluminum per volume.

Marci
12-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Oops! Sorry.... eyes must've skipped "grill"... but yes, we had planned to release them in colored-anodised versions.

Will see what we can do in the New Year... production's solid at the moment with no spare time to squeeze in any further projects / RnD...

bapski
12-12-2005, 05:32 PM
still nothing from dangerden?

ExtraPickles
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Looks like they're updating the site now or at least preparing to add them.

-pickles

ExtraPickles
12-13-2005, 11:10 AM
They're listed on DD website now.

-pickles

sladesurfer
12-13-2005, 11:20 AM
You should get A heater core cause it performes better than a radiator. Just speaking From experience

orkan
12-13-2005, 12:40 PM
You should get A heater core cause it performes better than a radiator. Just speaking From experience

Not many heatercores can touch the PA120.3