PDA

View Full Version : boot.ini for NF7-S

snowsl
01-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Need some help changing the boot.ini file. I want to switch the drives from the ide1 channel to the sata channels and am unsure how to do it. I have two disks, master/slave, on ide1. WinMe is on C, on the master. WinXP is on D, the first partition on the slave. I figure even if I screw it up, Winme will still boot, but I'd like to get it right the first time

Here's what boot.ini is on the ide1.

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
C:\ = "Microsoft Windows"

Would it change to rdisk 3, or stay as 1 since I have nothing on IDE1.

snowsl
01-16-2003, 03:56 PM
It was as I suspected. Since I have nothing on ide1, the rdisk didn't change. Booted right up the first time.

Tex
01-24-2003, 08:02 AM
Its was my understanding you can't boot from sata currently? Are the 5 boot files on the sata or just the OS itself?

Thanks

Tex

snowsl
01-24-2003, 09:43 AM
I don't have any drives on the ide, so yes you can boot from the sata. Are the five boot files you are referring to ntldr, boot.ini, and I can't remember the others? Anyways they are on my C drive which is the first partition on the first sata channel(contains winme) and the D drive which is the first partition on the drive on the other sata channel.

It acts just like onboard ide raid.