PDA

View Full Version : What voltages are usually needed?

Cornelious0_0
12-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Just wondering, I'm not really big on the OC requirements of 5xx and 6xx LGA775 cpu's, and I was wondering what general voltage ranges are typically needed on some of these chips for some decent OC'ing on fairly capable air cooling.

More specifically, when I've eventually got the cash, I wanna build a semi-budget shuttle system using the SB83G5. I'm gonna start with a 520 (2.8GHz) for cost reasons...but I'll want a nicer, 6xx series chip down the road, I'm looking at the 650...I want this thing to last me a little while.

The SB83G5 maxes out at 1.5875 for cpu voltage...any idea's what kind of OC I could expect on something like the 650, or what my 520 might be capable of given that kind of voltage limit?

Cornelious0_0
12-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Nobody eh?

Ah well, no biggy...I was just curious...I've been actively around OC'ing for quite some time, just haven't had the ability to dabble with shuttles to much. Of course a lot of people are just going to say ymmv...I'm aware of that, I would just look of peoples OC's for reference myself...but being XS, all I can find around here are people running at LEAST h2O and using voltage ranges beyond what my SB83G5 would be capable of.

Hopefully someone can lend a hand. :)