PDA

View Full Version : Zerex Racing Super Coolant ?

freak22
12-02-2005, 08:09 AM
how much of this stuff will i need for my system. im running a T-line with a cpu and gpu block. also running a PA120.3. NO reservoir. i have read that a 4oz bottle is mixed with 80oz's of water. would that be enough for my little system?

thanks
jeremy

mjassbong
12-02-2005, 09:56 AM
I'd just get the 8oz bottle and not be worried about not having enough coolant in the system.

idleuser
12-02-2005, 11:18 AM
try your local auto parts store first if not then order it. I bought a 14.5fl oz for only 2.49 at pepboys (advance auto store)

freak22
12-02-2005, 11:25 AM
sweet pep boys has it. i have one of those here. already tried autozone and advanced autoparts and Orilleys. none had it.

Raven.exe
12-02-2005, 12:01 PM
i used to run Hyper Lube Super Coolant that you get at Kragen Auto Parts...looks just like regular antifreeze, exept it has more of a radioactive glow to..it is basically just a green Zerex...about 8.99 for 16oz bottle.

carmelo
12-02-2005, 12:15 PM
sweet pep boys has it. i have one of those here. already tried autozone and advanced autoparts and Orilleys. none had it.

Pep boys by me only carried the regular Zerex not the racing coolant we need for watercooling. Just double check and see which one they are carring. I 32oz for sale, check the forsale section if you'd like.

idleuser
12-03-2005, 01:45 AM
it doesnt need to be racing coolant for water cooling. The only reason why we even add zerex is to stop corrosion. You can use just zerex water pump and lubricant.. i've been using it for almost a year now. Just pick up a bottle of zerex water pump and lubricant.

carmelo
12-04-2005, 01:27 PM
it doesnt need to be racing coolant for water cooling. The only reason why we even add zerex is to stop corrosion. You can use just zerex water pump and lubricant.. i've been using it for almost a year now. Just pick up a bottle of zerex water pump and lubricant.

The racing coolant is better for plain water cooling. If you running a chiller or anything of that nature than regular antifreeze would be your best choice. Theres less additives in the racing coolant so it makes it a better canidate for water cooling.

badhabit
12-04-2005, 02:09 PM

Does Zerex also stop algae growth, or do you need another additive for that?

<Wouter>
12-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I don't think zerex stops algae growth, but since i stopped using it i do have some algae in my res.

carmelo
12-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Does Zerex also stop algae growth, or do you need another additive for that?

I believe it does ... to double check go to valvolines web site and check. I have none in my loop.

idleuser
12-04-2005, 04:50 PM
zerex does help stop algae growth.. that stuff will kill algae in a heart beat. As for Zerex Racing coolant it probably isn't any better than just the regular zerex. It also does not help thermal transfer if anything it just decreases it just by a little. So take your pick :) i've been using zerex for the longest time and it has work very well for me.

euclid
12-05-2005, 09:33 AM
the racing coolants do work better than regular anitfreeze, they lower the surface tension of the water which allows it to transfer the heat from metal surfaces better. they are not antifreeze and WILL freeze in cold weather, thats why they are FOR RACING USE ONLY. i dont think you need to worry about freezing your loop though.

kakaroto
12-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Well, tell you the truth. Zerex does not kill it. (not with 1 ltr : 10ml)
5ml 70% ethanol will kill it :cool:

idleuser
12-08-2005, 04:12 PM
i'm not talking about coolant.. zerex isn't even coolant it's a special formula that allows you to mix it with coolant or not.. the one I bought is for water pump lubrication and it is used to stop corrosion and it helps the water pump.