PDA

View Full Version : Got my Vapo Pe up and running.Rig froze twice though.Condensation?

brwmogazos
01-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I got my Vapo PE up and running finally as i cancelled my P4G8X order due to the fact that the mobo will be NOT available for the next couple of weeks....Anyways...used my IT7MAX2 V1 and fired it up...

I used the insulation+ heaters-everything as described in the vapos manual...

From the Chillcontrol i set the Condenser temp to remain @ -25C-Fan speed @ 60% from 75% and left the heaters @ 60%...

Clocked my rig etc etc for a few minutes...

After running my Vapo PE though @ just 150fsb(gonna try to clock in steps from tomorrow feeding the chip with the required voltages only etc and running it @ IDLE in windows...Room temp abou 26C-cpu temp arround -1C sometimes +2 etc(weird...it doesnt really go under -2 @ idle...Is that weird?Anyways...suddently my rig froze...BSOD...after firing my vapo up again it now froze again (did a constant screeching noise as WMP was playing i guess...)...then i did SHUT DOWN my rig and tried to fire it up again.NO GO...tried twice(intervals of about 2 secs) and the system just SHUT DOWN itself again.Waited about 5-10 secs and fired it up again...Now it is running Ok...

I am pushing 1.5V(stock) in my 2.53ghz p4(1.44V under load) and i am wondering if this is a sign of condensation...

If it IS...WHAT should i be doing next?Using ALL of the insulation paste he Vapo Came with?

Now Running @ full load to heat it up and it stays @ 7C to 8C

Thanks in advance guys:)

bowman1964
01-17-2003, 06:24 AM
almost sounds to me like you have moisture (condensation) in the socket area.that will cause all types of strange problems.

did you use dielectric grease in the cpu socket?

and did you put any grease into the where the cpu pins go into the socket?
these areas are a must.
sounds to me like that is your problem.the below and above 0c temps(freezing temp)will cause condensation more that anything.
but if you can keep the moist air away from the cpu and pins ( by using dielectric grease )you will keep the condensation out of critical electrical componants.
i hope this helps:)

but if you used the grease ,give me a shout and i will try to figure something else out.

Tedinde
01-17-2003, 10:28 AM
I've had no problems with condensation, or lockups. TH7II, heaters @ 0% running almost 3 months now. And i've had it apart 10 times trying different chips.

Give it some volts to the chip if your cranking it up. And like he said above, dont be afraid to grease it up good

brwmogazos
01-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Hi guys and thanks for replying...

Well ever since my post i have reattached my Vapos head 3 times...
Had to remove its head once as the vid pin didnt work after attaching it...

Anyways...the vapo was rock stable on day 2!...dunno but nothing had been changed...

I got my brothers a 2.4ghzchip however and clocked it in his BE7-R...the chip did 177FSB(could just bench it) on AIR using an alpha 8942 and poor CFM fan...So i COULDNT RESIST...swapped his chip with mine...my 2.53ghz...(dont think he is gonna argue getting a faster chip...:p)Its a Malay 2.4B(533) C-1 SL6EF !

So i had to reattach the vapos head for the third time to a new CPU now...So after removing the Vapos head...I didnt notive any condensation under my 2 day installed 2.53ghz chip...

I hadnt applied too much insulation though in the socket(where the pins go)...so after Vid pinning my new 2.4Chip :p i used a lot of insulation under the socket and on the chips transistors as well as in the socket holes:).Added some AS3 in the Chip this time:)

The system has been running ROCK STABLE all night and today as well...Its currently doing 172 FSB @ 1.675V in the bios=1.6-1.62Vcore Actual Under load...running Prime 95 Torture tests.(run them about an hour, then go higher)...So its all looking good.

One thing i noticed is that the second time i screwed the Vapos head on top of the CPU i bolted the screws till i couldnt do any more...this time i screwed them till they were tight...
Still the same temps...well every time i get the same temps really...My IT7MAX2 V1 reads about 8C higher than my last Asus P4T533R...so currently @ the speed i described above with the CC set at a hold temp of -25 and the fans@60%...the cpu temp under torture tests gets as high as 11-12C with a room temp of 26C...

Are these temps really high?The Vapo goes down t -17.5C now with the torture tests...So what do you think guys?

+ i was thinking of setting the CC at a hold temp of -30C(max)...would that push my compressor a lot?

What would be a good combination of Fan speed and CC hold temp?

My heaters have always been set @ 60%

I would like some max cooling tbh...but i dont wanna damage my Vapo or overheat it etc as since i am a newbie in vapos i may be find it difficult to detect...

My PSU is an Antec true power 550W...Current +5 is 4.92 to 4.95 and +12 11:73 to 11:80...Are these readings fine?

PS: A last thing i noticed today was after reseting the vapo due to a high clock and low voltage i got an error message and the temps started rising...till 10C where i shut it down and turned again back on...It has been working perfect ever since...Just a random lock up of the vapos CC?

Sorry for so many questions....but i am trying to get along with my vapo and all seems well till now:)

Creative
01-17-2003, 05:15 PM
www.vapochill.com and go sus the forums for questions exactly like yours ;)

Hold temp of 30 is best and fans at about 80-100%

I find it wierd cos everyone is getting temps of about +10 load and Im not going above +2load and idle at -12 for a 2.4B @ 3.2. Highest load temp ive ever had with the PE is +5 :)

Also why are you always blaming the vapo for your lockups? Maybe its your hardware dood :)