PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with my P5AD2-e premium

jweldon
11-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Im having some problems with this board, (p5ad2-e premium). Basically i was at a lan party over the weekend playing games, and i think it froze the entire night 2 times. It would act like the harddrive was reading constantly and would light up the hd light on my case solid for 5 minutes straight before i would hit the power button. And it would be fine after that. So when i go home i figured a format would be able to fix it. But little did i know there was actuallya problem that i believe to be the chipset. But not too sure of the actual culpret. When i formatted i was on the desktop, and i installed all the windows updates and then i installed the chipset drivers for the 925xe chipset. and then after that i would reboot, then i would install the drivers for the video card. But when i would reboot after the install of the ati drivers for my x800 pro, it would said failed to instilize the following program. (CLI.exe, associated with the ati drivers) to terminate this application press ok. The drivers seem to be fine, but when i try to goto the ati control panel it says the same error again, and doesnt even run. So i tried to install windows a number of times again, and the problem continued to appear. And it finally came down to the point where i said screw the error and tried to go about my normal operating ways, and while installing battlefield 2, about half through the first cd the computer did that freezing thing that i mentioned earlier.

At that point i just hit the power button and called it a night with the computer, because i had been trying to fix it all day, and had already formatted 3 times before.

Also there is a problem that allows me for no absolute reason what so ever, that i cant have more than 1 cd rom drive plugged into my motherboard at one time. So basically if i want to watch a DVD i have to turn my computer off and switch the PATA cable to the DVD rom drive. Or if i wanna burn a cd i have to switch the PATA cable over. I tried master/slave config on both drives, i tries cs on them. i tried every way possible. And the problem that would occur if i had 2 plugged in at the same time would be that it would freeze randomly in windows, it would just not detect them at all or detect one and not the other. But the strange part was that the bios saw them. And i tried putting them on the raid IDE slots on the mobo as well, which didnt work.

Just wondering what the problem could be. My rig goes as follows

Mobo: P5AD2-E Premium
PSU: Fortron 530W
CPU: 530(200x15)
HeatSink: Stock
RAM: 2x512mb Patriot DDR2 pc5600
Video Card: X800 Pro 256mb 3DMark03 = 10449
Speakers: Velodyne
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR503
Subwoofer: None yet (ran out of money)
Sound card: Audigy X-Gamer
Hard Drives: 36.6gb raptor, and 200gb seagate

Thanks

I_G
11-29-2005, 07:05 PM
Have you checked out the HDD's for errors?

http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?swid=1

Get the Data '\LifeGuard Diagnostic on floppy and run it from DOS.

http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/