PDA

View Full Version : *** DICE project planning....need help ***

Cornelious0_0
11-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Don't want to give out any details about what I've got runnin' through my head, 'cus I've never seen it done...but for those of you that've run DICE/LN2 before...I have a quick question for ya.....

Is my ability to run/boot the system under DICE or LN2 temps solely dependant on the CPU, or can a motherboard have any influence on whether or not the system is going to come through?

Just need to know, because what I wanna do with DICE (or possibly LN2) is going to/would involve using a setup that I've never seen used, so I don't have anything else to compare with. Any people using DICE/LN2 today are using highend hardware all around, and the motherboards/systems are typically more then capable...basically, long story short, I just wanna know if I can take a CPU that I know can handle DICE or LN2 temps and drop it into any compatible mobo to start playin'.

gclg2000
11-27-2005, 08:21 PM
I just wanna know if I can take a CPU that I know can handle DICE or LN2 temps and drop it into any compatible mobo to start playin'.

yes...but i know that you know, that you know that you know how a better motherboard can make a huge difference...you know? Sounds good no?

Cornelious0_0
11-27-2005, 08:33 PM
I know that a better motherboard can/will make a big difference once we get into stuff like this but if I can physically get the DICE setup running on "any old board" that's all I need to know.

gclg, I can PM you with my project idea if you can keep a secret if that'll help. ;)

gclg2000
11-28-2005, 10:05 AM
i like secrets, go ahead.

SUre you could mount up a tube to any old motherboard. I mounted mine once to a p4c800 w/ dothan adapter....if you've ever seen that combo..its a tricky little beyotch to get, but i manged (or copied) to get some ideas from this board.

afireinside
11-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Only 90nm A64s have issues with cold. Mobo won't change anything.