PDA

View Full Version : is this extreeme enough???

bowman1964
01-14-2003, 08:09 PM
well thought everyone might like to see my extreeme form of cooling.only one compressor cooling the cpu at evaperator temp of -40c. and a built in chiller running -27c that feeds super cooled coolant to the chipset if i need it cold, most of the time i regulate it down (by slowing the coolant flow)to about 10 degrees below room temp so i dont get condensation.
then a flow of -27c coolant goes to the video gpu where a 80 watt pelt take the radeon down to -24c running temp.and last but not least.i am chiller cooling the ram on the radeon with the same coolant.

here is a pic of the radeon w/hoses.

radeon (http://members.fortunecity.com/ajr011/pictures/r9700watercooled.jpg)
and here is the motherboard and unit benching as i tested this weekend.
cooling the motherboard (http://members.fortunecity.com/ajr011/pictures/at7max2.jpg):D

baker18
01-14-2003, 08:38 PM
Bowman,

Very impressive. Keep up the good work. How about some 3Dmark benchies.

baker18

Gamer67
01-14-2003, 08:52 PM
Bloody hell, what a contraption....

What I want to know is, can you make a decent sno-cone ?

If so I will have a large cherry one plz :slobber:

Nice work :)

TheDude
01-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Bowman...you are a lunatic!
Outstanding job man!
:toast:

bowman1964
01-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Gamer67
Bloody hell, what a contraption....

What I want to know is, can you make a decent sno-cone ?

If so I will have a large cherry one plz :slobber:

Nice work :)
well untill i learned the right flow to stop the tubes from frosting over i could make a coulpe of nice white frosty snowcones pretty easy.

but thanks ...:cool:

thanks dude you had said that would be the best way to do it so i have done it;)
new epox just rolled in and xp2600 due friday as well as 2 sticks of hyperx pc3500 to finish things off.should have the board modded by then i hope.should be benching by sunday i hope unless my friday night out turns into a all weekend event.lol.:banana:

DR. YT
01-15-2003, 11:41 AM
f'n sic just sic

Dissolved
01-15-2003, 01:00 PM
looks nice, cant wait to see what it can do :)

mike.elmes
01-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Bowman 1964...you are an inspiration.

And I might add, a bit of an anomoly....it seems as if you are the only DIY vapor phase change cooling guy with knowledge, that isn't an argument looking for a place to happen.

Great work, looking forward to your results.:)

TheDude
01-15-2003, 05:27 PM
thanks dude you had said that would be the best way to do it so i have done it

Yeah...now if only I could do it!:D

Have you posted all the gory details anywhere?

bowman1964
01-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by mike.elmes
Bowman 1964...you are an inspiration.

And I might add, a bit of an anomoly....it seems as if you are the only DIY vapor phase change cooling guy with knowledge, that isn't an argument looking for a place to happen.

Great work, looking forward to your results.:)

well thank you mike.:)
this is my hobby after a stressfull day as a manager over a few where i love those ass reamings i get from the owner every so often,.so to be honest i like the hard way of doing something to let me forget about the day at work. so i try not to let this get me mad too often,sorta defeating the purpose wouldnt you think?
but yes most of my friends in phase change are young and a little easy to make upset.
thanks again i am glad someone actually noticed i dont bash people for lack of know how.:p

and dude: well i just ordered some more little add on's to my cooler to help show it off.like braided hose covering in bright blue for the hoses.
and my epox 8rda version 1.1i am tring to figure out if i can mod the mem without cutting the trace.and i think i can.so might be a long saturday night under the soldering iron.lol
also should have my xp2600 266 thusday night.i hope i dont have to mod the chip to use it in this board.being its a 266 bus i hope not.i ordered it because it runs faster than the 333 bus model.2.13 verses 2.08 .not sure how many people notice that so better deal for the dollar.I HOPE?.

TheDude
01-16-2003, 10:24 AM
bowman1964

Lots of pics when you can:D
I am getting ready to try my hand soon with an old air conditioner...got a long way to go.
You did it man...you really did it! I guess I will have to get some vicarious thrills thru your efforts for a while.
Again congrats on a great job!:D

Dissolved
01-16-2003, 03:26 PM
yea im gonna get a Compressor unit soon too. ill probly opt and buy a new set (alot of people say its stupid) and go from there.

im trying to think of a way to cool the cpu and ddr with one unit..
ive been told how to, but im not to sure if it would work flawless it not.

But i like your setup. i hope you get good parts so you can have a good run in 3dmark, and such.

look forward to your results.

sysfailur
01-22-2003, 11:39 PM
That deserves a "HOLY ยงยงยงยง"!