PDA

View Full Version : AQX50Z Series or....

Lemmingzappa
11-25-2005, 12:45 PM
and if you want a little lower temps go with 2 of them in series - maxxxracer

So at the end of this year i'll be buying the rest of my watercooling gear, do you reccomend I buy two of these and put them in a series, what does a series look like and how do you set it up.

Or shall I go for the iwaki ? The only problem with buying an iwaki is that I live in the UK and I cant find anywhere to buy them with a debit card. Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:banana:

Bloody_Sorcerer
11-25-2005, 12:59 PM
series is when one pump is pumping into the other pump; that is, the outlet of pump 1 goes directly to the inlet of pump 2, and the outlet of that goes to waterblocks, rads, etc, all back to the inlet of pump 1.

Lemmingzappa
11-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Ah ok I thought it would be something like that, similar to circuitry :)
So which do you reccomend, the series 50z's or iwaki for this setup:

TDX 1/2
Thermo PA 120.2/3 ( not sure which yet maybe help me decide this too )
Maze 4 Chrome

Gimmpy224
11-25-2005, 02:36 PM
hmmm

if you want the pumps inside the case ( mid tower ) then probably the 50z's

I have an Iwaki and its pretty big, but since I have a tower thats close to 2 1/2' high I could put it in there no prob.

Plus it getts pretty warm, but this is my first loop and I have no experience with other pumps.

Bloody_Sorcerer
11-25-2005, 02:57 PM
looks like a pretty nice setup, but why TDX? Apogee, storm, 6002 are all better.
I'm inclined to say that if you do want that much pumping power, get 2 50zs rather than a 20RZ... 50zs can be overvolted later for even more performance, they're smaller, they're DC, dunno if they're quieter or not...

Lemmingzappa
11-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Well ive bought a CoolerMaster ATC S4000 SX-1 Server Case so theres plenty of room inside. I bought the TDX a while ago because I didnt know about the storm blocks then ;)

Hmm, looks like im aiming more towards the dual 50z side, still not quite sure though tbh.

.sentinel
11-25-2005, 03:54 PM
EDIT: I am wrong.

I guess the 50Z two of them would be better.