PDA

View Full Version : beginer with lots of q!!!

quintus
11-23-2005, 04:37 AM
hi,
verry happy to be back here after some time.
Ok here it goes:
I just destroy an older friedge with freezer of mine, goin for 2 ss.
first compr is a danfoss TL4A(r12, 148W, 1/8hp) and 2nd a romanian compr that i still try to get info on!

1. need to know how thick should be the cooper pipe for a baker like evap(u know that pipe that is going on the midle pat of the evap)! I understood that needs to keep 400+ psi

2. the danfoss goes down to about -15 -21 and fluctuate a lot like: -16 then after 2min -20 then -15and so on. is this normal?

3. what r** or r*** could i ''upgrade'' too on the danfoss?

4. the tl4a is goog enought for an old gf 440mx?

I may upgrade the pc just to be a litle more up to date or just install this tl.. on a friens nv6600

thx

pics incoming too

Gray Mole
11-23-2005, 05:38 AM
Funny, I just rebuilt an old custom GPU freezer SS to 240v from the 110V parts that were on it. It was a TLS4, 5A and I used a TL4A that I had here along with a 240v fan to replace the 110V one.

I'm finding it's not quite as powerful as the 110V one for some reason, but I could tune it to my heatload tester that's more of a cpu tester but it held at around -25 on the evap. It was frosting the compressor a little whith that charge though, so I pulled back and was running about 0psi on the low side. I figure it's heaver than normal charge, but will help the compressor to stay cool, and the temps will be a little less jumpy under load.

I tuned it lower for gpu, but it should hold most 100 to 120w loads to around -35 or so. It's got a Baker GPU evap and rubber flexi on it, was made by Frank Dagooch ages ago.

That was using a blend of R290 and 402a around 75% 402a.

I'd recommend 404a with it, seems to be a good compromise between temps and pressure I just don't have any at the moment.

Normally an evap has 3/8" suction on it, so the pipe to the evap should probably be about that, but 5/16" can be used as well if that's what you can get.

If you build it right, it should be able to hold any modern GPU to about the -30 or better range, 100w to 120w is all you'll ever see from a GPU even if it's vmodded.

Temps moving around can be normal as the load fluctuates, but also if the temp probe isnt' perfect and they normally aren't, you can get the temps moving even if they're really stable. I wouldn't worry about that as long as it's holding the load.

Don't know if that helps but if you have a list of parts you're gonna use, or aren't sure about captube lengths etc, just post the q's and you'll get the help :)

Gray

quintus
11-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Funny, I just rebuilt ...get the help :) Gray

i will do my best to go 404a!
well there is no real load (i just ''rape'' the freezer and took me 3 hours to take the compr out from there) i test it with some jackets as insulation on the cold part. About the probe, there is no real probe all i'm using is a outside thermometer(-50 to +60) yes those ones white with liquid inside. using it on the other compr is fine, is hiting -28 and then rising verry slowly because of the compr geting warmer. i test them in an workshop ambient temp around +7 celsius, so the room temp is no real influence.

Pain in the ... to find a pipe of Cu, the one full, to use it as the core of the baker evap. I may go with pipe in pipe.

thx

Ps: damn i hate this idiotik mentality comunist bull.....argh.. everybody look at me like i'm joking or making fun of me, hearing of an ss: ''What u gonna use the fridge to cool that litle part in yo pc, ahhhhhhhhhhhh is gonna blow''
and all this kind of crap like ''i dont teach u cause then u can steal my job''
feel beter taking that from my hart.

wdrzal
11-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Gray mole did you change the voltage of a compressor or am I misunderstanding your first paragraph.

Cr@sh_D1n3r
11-23-2005, 08:19 AM
lol don't steal my job but if you mean the capillary tube, in a baker evap you're suposed to use 0.028". I modified mine before brazing so I could use 0.031".

Gray Mole
11-23-2005, 08:30 AM
heheh

Nope, I wish I knew how to do that Walt I'd make a fortune :D

The freezer came to me with a 110v R134a version of the TL4 Danfoss series, and I had an R12 TL4A 240v one here, so I changed out the compressor and the fan as well cos it was a 110v one as well.

I'm not sure what captube or length it is to be honest, but it was set up for about the same compressor and I just left it alone and it's working fine. It's hard to sell 110v stuff over here in the UK even if you supply a transformer with it.

I just found that the compressor that was on there seems to have been more powerful as it pulled a little harder and went a little colder with the same heatload. I don't know if the TLS4 is better or more efficient than the TL4A but it's still a nice little freezer. It's just the mount for the Baker head I don't like. I'm still tempted to buy a microhead from Chilly for it. Much easier to manage, as the bolts for mounting are actually intot he evap and they get awfully cold. Seems a bit silly really.

At least it's back working and if I can get the time to mod up a mount for it that fits 7800 I can probably sell it lol it's X800/9800 kind of mount only at the moment.

Cheers

Gray

quintus
11-24-2005, 06:42 AM
ok,
i spoke with 1 of the guys with some small fridge company and will cost me around 50euro or so to change :the condenser with other 1 from them, the evap with a cooper 1 my design, change the oil and recharge. I will have to buy then some insulations, instaling the central heating system and i got a lot of armaflex. I'll ask next time about charging with 404 and changin to POE.

will a 20cm*20cm*5cm rad be enought as condensfor the danfoss?

any ideea on the hp of the romanian compr? this is what i found out atm: din³ or dln³ =180 and system kompr cooler 80g(the amount of r12 in the system???)

whats for the desuperheater? is for lowering the temp on the compr? can i use it too on the danfoss?

thx

quintus
11-24-2005, 07:07 AM
how long capillar should i use??? dunno the heatload of an ol 440mx

''Starting with 7 feet for a 150 watt load, we add 1 foot for each decrease of 15 watts. We end up with 10 feet of .028 for a 105 watt heat load.

Actually I'm being conservative with this. You could probably add another foot, this being R12.''

Gary Lloyd

quintus
11-30-2005, 07:01 AM
i need to know how thick this is!!!
thx

sharp
11-30-2005, 07:56 AM
That`s 2mm or 0.07874 inch.

chilly1
11-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Cap tube sizing.. 90 inches of 0.028 in
Refrigerant Use R404 and 2 to 5% Propand (R290) then you dont have to change the oil
Or use R402 it is compatible to Mineral oil..
Changing the oil in some older compressors is a problem some of hte insulation and mounting in hte old compressors is not compatible with poe oil.
And suction line size (is that what ytuo want) needs to be at least 7 mm ID but preferr 8 to 9mm.

quintus
12-09-2005, 02:27 PM
i promis some pics so here i go...
-38 i got today from the romanian compr
evap is almost done maybe today, tomorow for sure(steper like 1)
i use 1.5 cm thick cooper for the ''wall'' of the evap could not get 0.07874 inch thick

''And suction line size (is that what ytuo want) needs to be at least 7 mm ID but preferr 8 to 9mm.'' chilly

is this the diameter of the flex???

damn i think i may make a thread about the flex line cause i cant any of it
Can i use flexible tube for water or mathane like for :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing machines. I'm pretty sure i cant but i try at least the questions