PDA

View Full Version : 2 x 1GB Memory Sticks - which run the coolest?

Diverge
11-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Of all the 2 x 1GB memory sticks out there, does anyone know which brands have IC's that run cool? I'm coming from Ballistix, which run hot, and require active cooling - and even with active cooling my sticks have gone bad. I'm gonna try to get a refund from newegg based on all the returns they get with the Ballistix, and want to switch to another brand with cooler running IC's that will do 250mhz minimum and can maybe do 270ish so it will match my dual opty.

I never really see people mention how cool the different IC types run, which is why i am asking :)

GSKILL TECH
11-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Of all the 2 x 1GB memory sticks out there, does anyone know which brands have IC's that run cool? I'm coming from Ballistix, which run hot, and require active cooling - and even with active cooling my sticks have gone bad. I'm gonna try to get a refund from newegg based on all the returns they get with the Ballistix, and want to switch to another brand with cooler running IC's that will do 250mhz minimum and can maybe do 270ish so it will match my dual opty.

I never really see people mention how cool the different IC types run, which is why i am asking :)

all UCCC IC runs very cool becasue it only takes 2.5~2.6

Diverge
11-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the reply G.S Tech, i'll keep that in mind if i can get a refund from newegg :)