PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think!

Reinvented
11-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Well, I got my watercooling setup! It's just cooling CPU only, and I'm using my Thermochill HE120.2, with 2x Panaflo M1A's with a Sunbeam fan controller. I ended up using a T-line because I couldn't fit the res in with my dvd burners.

I did t-line -> pump -> cpu block -> rad

I had trouble filling it up, but there's a lot of water in there. I couldn't fill it completely, nor get it to bleed all the way apparently. Is this because the t-line needs to be higher up? My fillport is also leaking a small bit, but it's not a big problem since the case is still open. Help!

PkG.1337
11-20-2005, 04:05 PM
fillport have to be higher then any parts
pic will help

Reinvented
11-20-2005, 04:53 PM
there you go. Taken from my pos camera phone!

As you can see, my T-line is placed towards the bottom, which I was not aware of. So, if i place it at the top, and fill that way, it'll go down easier? What if I switch the two ends from the pump inlet and the radiator outlet? Will that be high enough? Also, I can't seem to bleed it using the radiator.

Notten
11-20-2005, 06:03 PM
The T-line/Fillport does NOT have to be higher than any other part in the loop.
This would only be true if you , for some odd reason, didnt have a pump and still wanted to fill your system.

Take a look at the watercooled case gallery thread.......plenty of pictures of t-line systems that shows how they should/can be placed.

Your fillport is leaking because it is flooded.....if you dont want to do any major configurations........flip the whole t-line around so it looks something like this
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b265/Notten_/97196262405_3300_111111.jpg
This will allow you to bleed the system through the t-line instead of the rad which doesnt seem to work for you.

Reinvented
11-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, I got to stop the leaking in it's current position. It wasn't tightened down enough. All is good. But, if i move it to the other side, I will be able to fill it up completely correct?

Reinvented
11-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Okay, so I ordered 50 more feet of tygon tubing from DangerDen. :-P I'm ready to make a different config. So any advice is needed/well appreciated. Let me know what you guys got!

Reinvented
11-22-2005, 01:55 PM
So, Maxxx told me to do my loop like this. Is there anything wrong with it like that? Will I lose any performance or something?

Andrew
11-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Maxxx, as usual, told you correctly.

fareastgq
11-23-2005, 11:47 AM
yeah, t-line, as far as bleeding goes, doesn't matter how high or low it is in the loop, that's like saying "your res needs to be the highest point or it won't bleed" Simply not true.

Reinvented
11-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Okay, so I finished it all this morning, and it's running much better. I also switched my fans around so they are pulling. Temps are phenomenal! 28c idle, and 38c load with prime95, at a 2.7 ghz overclock at 1.49v.

Tubing is much shorter, and the whole bleeding thing took about 2 minutes.

Pictures are from my camera phone.