PDA

View Full Version : What speakers do u use? I need help

PimpJack
01-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi,
I was thinking about getting new speakers couse i used my bad ass technics amp for surround sound in the basement:mad:

I only want 2.1 speakers and i was considering the Klipsch promedia 2.1 Any comments on these will be great. Please post what u use and how u like them. Recommendations are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardass
01-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Not sure you can get these anymore! Altec Lansing ADA 880. These are awesome speakers.:)

Keeper
01-13-2003, 06:42 PM
I got Logitech Z-560's and they were more than I expected. My freind tells me they blow away his Klipsch speakers. I can open the window and set off the car alarm across the street. I had to turn the base down in the properties for my wife to let me use them, and while maxed out they are still clear and crisp.

tuxlinux
01-13-2003, 08:02 PM
no no no you need to go for all out surround sound. I am currently using a harrmond kardon amp with 4 pioneer bookshelf speaker. Whole setup only cost a little over 400.

As a matter of fact I just ordered 6 12 inch woofers for my setup, i have plans to make boxs for dem and I allready have a set of midrange and tweter for em so after that my s system will own.

PimpJack
01-14-2003, 09:42 AM
there is too much crap involved in surround sound. Its hard to place those rear speakers in a neat manner. I'm going to college soon so i want something simple and effective. 2.1 is my choice. I found these from creative http://www.americas.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=496&category=17&maincategory=3 they are nice but low on power. I think the Lipsch are better in terms of sound?