PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Ups

gkiing
11-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Just a word of warning for anyone planning to ship their systems with UPS.. they don't seem to care how anything is handled. This LS was packed with 3" of foam on either side of it and look at the condition of the side panels:

eBoy0
11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
Wow.... @$$holes...... is the rest ok?

Gray Mole
11-19-2005, 03:53 PM
That can't be an accident. Someone must have actually given that the boots to get that kinda damage :eek:

Jeez sorry to see that Gkiing, I've had really good luck with the couriers I've used, but that really worries me.

Hope it didn't do too much to the internals, but that's easy to fix, sidepanels are a lotmore expensive most of the time.

I'm asking anyone who's getting units shipped to me to put the old kit back on (for mach's that is) to make sure that if it's bashed, it's not thier Lian Li kits getting it.

:(

Gray

Charles Wirth
11-19-2005, 03:53 PM
I dont ship via UPS

Reminds me of the original ace ventura package handling.

gkiing
11-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Wow.... @$$holes...... is the rest ok?

I have been talking to jot we are verifying that it is ok mechanically.. which it may or may not be. I asked jot to see if it will still pull down normally with no load on it. From what I have seen in the other pics the piping seems ok.. key word being seems.

Either way I'm at least filing a claim to cover the replacement of the side panels.. since what they did to them is unacceptable under any circumstances.

RussC
11-19-2005, 04:16 PM
OH MY :nono:

Ya, be sure you get a claim. Thats unacceptable. I agree, it looks like someone put the boots to it.

RussC

craig588
11-19-2005, 04:31 PM
UPS is really bad. I know someone that knows a bunch of drug addicts and UPS hired those addicts. After I learned about that I'm never going to use their services again. I don't need someone that's looking for anything they could sell to a pawn shop just to get 10$ handling my things.

I hate drug users and alchohol drinkers with great fervor. (Cigarette users to a much lesser extent because it doesn't really screw them up)

pythagoras
11-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Thats been hit with a forklift truck, you could probably even trace the specific forklift truck that did it.

Put a claim in including that photograph, They'll pay up ;)

Regards

John.

eBoy0
11-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Just wondering... was the box it was delivered in all beat up or did they repackage it?

Ugly n Grey
11-19-2005, 05:44 PM
UPS is the worst of the worst... I do everything possible when buying to not have UPS be the shipper....

jot
11-19-2005, 09:45 PM
The dent on the right panel was made from the comp slam'n into it. When I opened the unit the comp was loose and the clips that hold it down were off and bent. So the fragile symbols on the box mean nothing to this carrier, it had to be droped or slung around pretty hard to make that kinda dent. But so far the unit seems to be hold'na load pretty good. My many thanks to gkiing for all of his work. (well done)

gkiing
11-20-2005, 02:01 AM
We'll get it sorted out. But I'll never use UPS again. EVER.

And shipping it cost me $120 too. Not much for your money.

placebo
11-20-2005, 05:25 AM
It puts a huge smile on my face everytime I read a thread about UPS having :banana::banana::banana::banana:ed something up, AGAIN.
As far as I am concerned, UPS is the worst shipping company, by far! I never ever ever ever ship with these people anymore and advise everyone else not to.

If its important - ship FedEX, that simple. :)

Funniest thing - They once took me to court about an invoice that I didn't pay. Well - the package was late and court dismissed it because of it. (Their usual, well 'something beyong our control happened' lame ass excuse didn't count! hehe)

placebo
11-20-2005, 05:31 AM
Quiet frankly, what I think is amazing that they even dare deliver the package like that. I mean, I dont know what the package looked like - but I can imagine.

99% of the time FedEX would have brought a claim form with them and/or you would have been contacted by FedEX, prior to delivery. Saying and admitting that they messed with you parcel... lol

Master_G
11-20-2005, 08:55 AM
And shipping it cost me $120 too.
Daylight robbery, i would like to take the head of UPS's most prized position and send it back to him via UPS and see how he likes it :mad: :slapass:

G

Stewie007
11-20-2005, 09:04 AM
I always choose FedEx. When I'm buying something, I'll buy from someone that ships FedEx, unless its something durable. UPS is slow, they won't deliver early, even if it arrives early. But it won't, because they time it to 5 days, even if they're in Atlanta and you're in Charlotte.

I've never gotten a damaged package from Fed Ex, and I've gotten ALOT of stuff from FedEx. Its simply a matter of who's in charge of quality control, and what kind of supervision is occurring inside their facilities. Obviously, FedEx pays more attention to their process than UPS.

twiggy
11-20-2005, 09:09 AM
I had a prommy show up at my house that looked like that too, :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing UPS bastards! I hate them and will never ever use them.

I had a box come from FedEx before and the corner was crushed, the driver gave me a claims form on the spot. He even kept saying sorry and sat at my house as I opened my package lol but it was all good.

Bloody_Sorcerer
11-20-2005, 09:33 AM
all domestic shippers are horrid, but UPS is the worst by a mile.
as weapon put it, they must have steel-toed ninjas who kick their packages. He did some tests with his packaging, such as packing up a core and throwing it around his garage and hitting it with his car and it was fine; one shipped by UPS was horribly mutilated.
Also, UPS is slow as hell. they're the only shipper for which overnight express delivery takes 4 days.

Delirious
11-20-2005, 10:00 AM
I worked for ups for about 6 months, i left cause i couldnt take anymore of the BS.

Every package is thrown about 4-5 times before it makes it to the delivery truck, and if your lucky it was stepped on or used as a stool.

And they do repackage boxs they severly damage, which i thought was the most unethical thing in the world. The would say "would u want to get a package like that?"
My response, "no, but u should have not treated it rough in the first place."

I could go on about other things they do. Thats why i will NEVER ship or order from a company that uses UPS. ontop of that fedex is always faster and cheaper.

And just for the record im not a drug user nor do i drink. :)

SustaiN
11-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Is UPS the same as United States Postal Service? If so I'll jump out of my window

gkiing
11-20-2005, 11:22 AM
no, their not the same.

It seems that the vapochill might be leaking, I'm going to try and find someone around there to repair it.

craig588
11-20-2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.usps.com/ and http://www.ups.com/ are different and unreleated shipping companies.

SustaiN
11-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Phew. That is really good news :)

placebo
11-20-2005, 12:16 PM
In comparison, USPS is a gift from jesus himself, all wrapped up... ;)

UPS is so god damn :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing worthless its hard to put in words and/or bring across without having experienced it, first hand...

Carlz0r
11-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Yea, UPS sucks for a lot of things. A friend of mine sold me an amp for my subs for $50 usd. He shipped it with ups. When it got here, the box was bashed, the amp was scratched, one of the mounting legs was bent, the lighted logo was broken, and the top had a dent in it. Oh yeah, and they charged me $60 usd in brokerage because "Ups ships it faster than usps, because they normally take around 3 weeks and ups does it in 2". Too bad ups took 5 weeks to get it here :mad:

Delirious
11-20-2005, 01:10 PM
UPS stands for "United Parcel Smashers"

Jort
11-20-2005, 02:38 PM
here in belgium no probs with UPS.

placebo
11-20-2005, 02:43 PM
UPS stands for "United Parcel Smashers"

They should change their name! :clap:

Bloody_Sorcerer
11-20-2005, 07:43 PM
i thought UPS was "ups (pronounced 'oops') we dropped your package!"

gkiing
11-20-2005, 08:37 PM
i thought it was pronounced "run your package through with a forklift" parcel service

Delirious
11-21-2005, 03:52 AM
i thought it was pronounced "run your package through with a forklift" parcel service

depends on what facility the package was at, some run it over, others throw it around.

Stewie007
11-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Yeah, they've got those conveyors that toss packages. I would hope though, that they don't put the delecate ones on there...

jinu117
11-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Hillarious... I've had worse luck with Fedex than UPS for these things. Funny thing is DHL seems to never have these issues. I need to start looking into DHL for my service after looking at the picture. Got some awesome packing thing up my sleeve for my units. Going to be costly for packing but extra $10-20 for packing is better than aggreviated customer :)

craig588
11-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah, they've got those conveyors that toss packages. I would hope though, that they don't put the delecate ones on there...

My mom worked for UPS a while ago. Her official instruction was to just ignore any fragile or delicate stickers if it would create any additional work.

Stewie007
11-21-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm sure that's not official UPS policy, but hey, bad management allows supervisors and people to do this kind of thing.

Trust me, I know, first hand. (not with UPS though :p )

Delirious
11-21-2005, 02:40 PM

well the conveyors dont toss the packages, its the people that toss them onto the conveyor. And the stickers u put on the package that say "fragile" mean nothing even if they notice them.

The only ones that matter to them are the hazardous stickers and things that need to stay upright.

gkiing
11-21-2005, 04:13 PM
well, the box appears to have suffered "blunt force trauma", no evidence of punctures though. Must have just taken a big fall or some heavy kicks.

Delirious
11-21-2005, 05:32 PM
That box is in pretty good shape for traveling via UPS :)

did u file a claim with them?

Bloody_Sorcerer
11-21-2005, 07:20 PM
well the conveyors dont toss the packages, its the people that toss them onto the conveyor. And the stickers u put on the package that say "fragile" mean nothing even if they notice them.

The only ones that matter to them are the hazardous stickers and things that need to stay upright.
well thats an easy one; heavily abuse both, all without lying! Systems are better off upright, so that theres no oil problems, and there will be hazardous byproducts if they either damage the contents or release the refrigerant.

PkG.1337
11-21-2005, 08:31 PM
the faster service you choose, the most likely it would be damaged

gkiing
11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
That box is in pretty good shape for traveling via UPS :)

did u file a claim with them?

Actually your right. it is. But the system inside ISIN'T. I'd much rather have a box kicked to pieces and the vapochill be fine.

yes I filed a claim. Seems their taking their sweet time with it.

hatemi
11-22-2005, 07:52 PM
they will propably cay that it was packed wrong....they might say that even if they had packed it themselves :D

BugsBMD
11-23-2005, 05:56 AM
I have had a lot of trouble with ups. I get at lest one package here a week and have never had a package arrive on time from ups unless it was coming from some where in town. I have had two computer cases shipped to me via ups in the past few months and one shipped by FedEx. The FedEx one was fine and the ups ones were very badly banged up. I had a lot of metal bending and painting to do to make the cases look nice again. In my experience with filing claims, unless it is for a large sum it takes to much trouble to get them to pay that I just don't bother. I have not had two much trouble with small boxes shipped by ups but I have never had a bigger one come in good shape. I only get things through ups when I have no other choice.