PDA

View Full Version : Intel inside a mac starting January

antipop
11-16-2005, 11:54 PM
www.thinksecret.com has release a note today stating that Apple is likely to release a mac based on Intel at the SF convention in January.

The first mac to be impacted are likely to be the ibook and other consumer based product (mac mini i guess). The pro will have to wait a little longer the time for the x86 app to be fully stabilized for the plateform.

It is also likely to expect a drop in price with the ibook starting around 700$ (300$ less than it is now).

Arkangyl
11-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Wow, the price drop is pretty crazy. Does this mean the iBook will use the Celeron Ms rather than the Dothans?

antipop
11-17-2005, 09:51 AM
I think it will be based on the Yonah's (still not determined if it'll be the dual or single core version)
The price drop is still a rumor and apple could well decide to keep the price as it is.

saaya
11-18-2005, 01:24 AM
i bet its single core and the pro one is with dual core :)

antipop
11-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Hum could be. I don't know about the Intel roadmap but aren't they planning chips with more than two cores before June? In that case it would be : consumer one or two cores, pro more than 2 cores

Salvador
11-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Hum could be. I don't know about the Intel roadmap but aren't they planning chips with more than two cores before June? In that case it would be : consumer one or two cores, pro more than 2 cores

Yonah (dual-core "dothan") is slated for early january 2006 :)

Edit; and i'm pretty sure the mac's are going to have them.

OpTiX
11-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Yonah (dual-core "dothan") is slated for early january 2006 :)

Edit; and i'm pretty sure the mac's are going to have them.

yupp macs are gonna have em

antipop
11-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Another thinksecret rumor http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0511macmini2.html

If this comes out, i'd be the first to buy one! A lot of people have been waiting for something like this.

I've installed frontrow on my PB and it's a good soft, it can still be improved and i hope the version 2.0 will bring some big features

perry_78
11-30-2005, 02:40 PM
A cheap iBook is something I need. A laptop that can use word and will last 2 years.

JAWS
12-14-2005, 03:39 PM
http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/rss/13405513.htm?source=rss&channel=siliconvalley_rss

here is another interesting article.....

"The new laptops are based on Intel's new Napa platform that will enable the biggest upgrade in two years for portable technology. An Apple laptop with the technology could address the pent-up demand among the Macintosh faithful who have been disappointed with Apple laptops that run on Power PC chips. Apple said this year it would switch to Intel by mid-2006"

antipop
12-15-2005, 01:07 AM
http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/rss/13405513.htm?source=rss&channel=siliconvalley_rss

here is another interesting article.....

"The new laptops are based on Intel's new Napa platform that will enable the biggest upgrade in two years for portable technology. An Apple laptop with the technology could address the pent-up demand among the Macintosh faithful who have been disappointed with Apple laptops that run on Power PC chips. Apple said this year it would switch to Intel by mid-2006"
It indeed looks very interesting, I cannot wait for January to see what apple will announce as new hardware

Mats
12-15-2005, 08:24 PM
www.thinksecret.comThe pro will have to wait a little longer the time for the x86 app to be fully stabilized for the plateform.
To put it short, they're waiting for 64 bit CPU's.

Apple tries to decide if going 64 bit or not.
G4: 32 bit
G5: 64 bit
Yonah: 32 bit
Merom: 64 bit

In a way it makes sense, we will only see Apple+Intel in January in products that have G4's today, because they don't want to take a step backwards.

AgonxOC
01-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Wow, the price drop is pretty crazy. Does this mean the iBook will use the Celeron Ms rather than the Dothans?

CELERON M are Also Dothans...

Alex