PDA

View Full Version : A little help please?

spaceman
01-11-2003, 08:45 AM
O.K., I got 2k Pro w/SP3, and I only want to install it on a folding rig, for now at least. Here's my prob, I use D-Link's USB HPNA for my network, and something keeps showing up in device manager as unknown PCI Bridge Device. If I disable it, I can't install the drivers for the USB network adapter, if I leave it enabled, I can. I can't for the life of me figure out how to identify it, and find the right drivers for it. :rolleyes: Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanx, and I'll let ya's know if I figure it out. :)

Tweaked!
01-11-2003, 09:34 AM
Just a stab in the dark here, but that sounds like a mobo driver issue. You need to install w2k, then proceed to install your mobo drivers in proper sequence. What is the specs?

spaceman
01-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Heh-heh, it seems I had everything right all along. I may never figure out the mystery PCI bus thingy, but I found a box in the network adapters properties, in device manager, that says "allow Windows to turn this device off to save power", or close to that. I un-checked the box, and everything's fine now. :cool: Darn Windows was powering off my USB adapter!!! :rolleyes: It's on a Tyan Tiger (s2460) by the way, so I kept lookin' for hardware stuff there. Anyhoo, she's foldin' 2 clients now, so I'm happy again. Thanx. :)