PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy a PA120.3 or PA120.2 ??

mcbarnet007
11-09-2005, 07:59 PM
In the US. I can't seem to find them. Thanx!

BRiT
11-09-2005, 08:25 PM
In the US. I can't seem to find them. Thanx!

http://www.thermochill.com/

They ship to the US.

Gimmpy224
11-09-2005, 08:41 PM
only thermochill has them, no one else will except dangerden.com and that may be quite a while

mcbarnet007
11-10-2005, 02:30 AM
thanx

lv_dicedealer
11-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Thermochill.com , but beware of the nasty customs officials; mine has been sitting in customs limbo for 5 days as of this post....

Also, make sure that you get the correct shroud if you are ordering, I selected the only shroud that was available at the time of my order; only to find out 2 days later thtat the HE shroud won't fit the PA rads.... Here's to hoping that Thermochill sent me the PA shroud instead :toast:

lv_dicedealer
11-12-2005, 09:02 PM
OK, a little update here and a retraction...

Today, Nov. 12th, I went to the post office with printouts of my tracking information this time from USPS.com and ParcelForce.com . To make a long story short, the shipment from Thermochill was here in Las Vegas only 4 days after ordering from Coventry UK. I misunderstood the tracking info at parcelforce.com and thought all along that it was sitting in New York at customs; when all along it was sitting at my local post office. The reason for all this confusion, my local post office never left me a notice even though the tracking says there was a notice left.

Bottom line, I got my stuff and would have had it 7 days ago had I understood the tracking info at parcelforce.com or used USPS.com to vew tracking info.

Oh yeah, and the PA120.2s are nice.....

Now to start hacking up my Lian-Li server case :toast:

bapski
12-02-2005, 03:06 PM
i placed an order for a PA120.3. got confirmation that it was shipped 12.1.05 and got this tracking number: EE415616696GB

am wondering why when i check at parcelforce.com it says:"We are currently unable to confirm that status of your parcel. Please check the number and try again. If you are tracking a parcel sent from outside of the UK, we may not have received it yet. Please try again or use the help button below. "

all i did was put in the tracking number on the TRACKING number field.

what gives? any ideas guys?

mcbarnet007
12-03-2005, 05:10 PM
mine came in about a week. Fast shipping I say.

BRiT
12-03-2005, 05:47 PM
bapski, I wasn't able to track my order until after it was delivered...

bapski
12-03-2005, 07:29 PM
bapski, I wasn't able to track my order until after it was delivered...

shucks,... im just anxious.. been trying to use the tracking number they gave me and i still get the same error prompt...

anybody from thermochill here who can tell me how to use the tracking number they provided?

lv_dicedealer
12-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Try the same tracking number at www.usps.com

bapski
12-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Try the same tracking number at www.usps.com

no dice :(

Hu1kamania
12-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I got my PA120.3 from thermochill today, ordered it on the 29th. Post man tried to deliver it yesterday, but no one home. Also, they sent the wrong shroud. Was pretty ticked at first, but i got the HE shroud to fit the PA by bending it to my will, like magneto, except i used a hammer and some elbow grease unstead. I used a dremel to cut the top out of the lian-li 7077b. Blew a disk and got nailed in the forehead too. Thought i was dead because i didnt feel any pain, turns out i wasnt, just a little blood. But yeah no worries, i'm sure you will get yours soon :D

bapski
12-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I got my PA120.3 from thermochill today, ordered it on the 29th. Post man tried to deliver it yesterday, but no one home. Also, they sent the wrong shroud. Was pretty ticked at first, but i got the HE shroud to fit the PA by bending it to my will, like magneto, except i used a hammer and some elbow grease unstead. I used a dremel to cut the top out of the lian-li 7077b. Blew a disk and got nailed in the forehead too. Thought i was dead because i didnt feel any pain, turns out i wasnt, just a little blood. But yeah no worries, i'm sure you will get yours soon :D

so how is it performance wise? were you able to track it down using the tracking number they gave you?

lv_dicedealer
12-04-2005, 02:17 PM
no dice :(
That was how I managed to track mine.....
Could be that Bush and Blair are not on speaking terms this week so neither are the postal systems....

Good luck and enjoy them, I still don't have my case done yet for my pair of 120.2s....

PS.. My shrouds were the PA ones, guess I got lucky and someone at ThermoChill double-checked when I ordered because there was only one choice on the site at the time :toast:

freak22
12-04-2005, 04:54 PM
i got mine over 3 weeks ago. i was able to track it just fine. i just used http://www.parcelforce.com.

i got mine in 4 days from time of order to delivery. i live in tennessee. fastest shipping i have ever seen for something out of the country. i got the PA120.3. they did mess up my order by sending plastic barbs instead of the nickel plated ones. i contacted CS and they sent the correct ones right out. also marci helped out with it too. ( thanks marci )

give it a day or so and try tracking it again.

Hu1kamania
12-04-2005, 06:50 PM
so how is it performance wise?

Sorry i can't speak of the performance yet, i did get it mounted today however. Still waiting on my pump, cpu and hose. Hopefully monday.

were you able to track it down using the tracking number they gave you?

Yup, i had no problems tracking my order. Have you tried to contact Thermochill? I'll bet you get it in a day or two.

Marci
12-05-2005, 03:11 AM
PRoblem with the shrouds was, I announced all over the net that there were NO shrouds available for the PA series. The shrouds shown on the site were for HE series only, and stated such in the description. People still assumed PA shrouds existed, and blindly ordered the HE series shrouds.

The PA Shrouds were released a few weeks later, so a differentiated shroud for PA series arrived on the website. Before that date, no PA shoud existed. It was a case of customer-assumption and lack of reading product descriptions. Out of our control. We've also had a lot of customers continue to order the wrong shroud since, simply due to not scrolling down the page further, or omitting to select PA Series in the dropdown box (depends whether ordering thru ThermoChill or O-CuK).

Have sales looking into the untrackable parcel - quickest resolution however is to e-mail thermochill.com with your order number stating the tracking issue. Problems always get resolved quickest when done thru the correct channels.

Marci
12-05-2005, 03:29 AM
K.... you've been given the wrong tracking number hence the problem.

Correct tracking number has been PM'd to you. (Shouldn't post tracking numbers publicly - allows anyone to track it, view delivery date, be on location potentially on your doorstep, and intercept the courier before you get to em - s'how a LOT of mailorder fraud in the UK is conducted)

bapski
12-05-2005, 04:07 AM
K.... you've been given the wrong tracking number hence the problem.

Correct tracking number has been PM'd to you. (Shouldn't post tracking numbers publicly - allows anyone to track it, view delivery date, be on location potentially on your doorstep, and intercept the courier before you get to em - s'how a LOT of mailorder fraud in the UK is conducted)

thanks MARCI.... was bold enough to post tracking number because:

1. i was not getting a result from it. somehow i knew there was something wrong with it. LOL

2. delivery address is my workplace and im by the receptionist place most of the time.. .shhhh :)

thanks again.

bapski
12-05-2005, 04:09 AM
yehey.. just checked out the correct TRACKING number and yepey.. i might be getting it today.. . hurrah.....

cant wait to go home... oh wait.. havent gone to work yet! :)

bapski
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
yepeeeeeeeee :banana: :banana:

got the rad at work. whew! the shipment was uneventful save for the wrong tracking number which got me worried.

i have minor issues if not neglible to point out though:

1. noticed the barbs nor the radiator itself did not come with a GASKET or a WASHER or whatever its called. ive worked with two previous rads, a bix2 and a bip2 and both came with a gasket or a washer. but to make sure i got a washer or a gasket and also teflon. just to be sure. so, if anyone or MARCI can clarify me on this id appreciate it.

2. noticed the rad "FINS" had some deformity on it. dunno if its any issue at all but just the same. just an FYI for thermochill and concerned individuals.

http://abapo1.home.comcast.net/rad/images/100_1814.jpg
http://abapo1.home.comcast.net/rad/images/100_1815.jpg
http://abapo1.home.comcast.net/rad/images/100_1817.jpg

3. lastly, packaging was exceptionally great but noticed the screws "exploded' somewhat. there were screws all over the package. this is no big deal really if i am pretty sure i can find this screws in any local hardware store here. i was taking into account the BARB size issue. it having a different sizing system, a BSPT vs. a BSP system i guess here in the states.

other than the things mentioned. im happy overall regarding shipping. NOW, performance wise, ill have to see that for myself. will check in later.

Hu1kamania
12-05-2005, 04:54 PM
PRoblem with the shrouds was, I announced all over the net that there were NO shrouds available for the PA series. The shrouds shown on the site were for HE series only, and stated such in the description. People still assumed PA shrouds existed, and blindly ordered the HE series shrouds.

The PA Shrouds were released a few weeks later, so a differentiated shroud for PA series arrived on the website. Before that date, no PA shoud existed. It was a case of customer-assumption and lack of reading product descriptions. Out of our control. We've also had a lot of customers continue to order the wrong shroud since, simply due to not scrolling down the page further, or omitting to select PA Series in the dropdown box (depends whether ordering thru ThermoChill or O-CuK).

Have sales looking into the untrackable parcel - quickest resolution however is to e-mail thermochill.com with your order number stating the tracking issue. Problems always get resolved quickest when done thru the correct channels.

I ordered the right shroud, invoice sitting in my lap says

PS120B.X (PA Series)
Shroud Size - Select Shroud Size: PS120.3

I ordered this shroud to go with PA120.3. I got the HE shroud however. I managed to make it fit and mounted in my case. Looks great! Still waiting on pump and CPU then i can try it out.

freak22
12-05-2005, 07:55 PM
my fins were a little damaged also. i didn't know if making a fuss about it was worth the effort though.

i too would have thought the rad would have come with some gaskets.

guess we will wait on marci to answer.

Bloody_Sorcerer
12-05-2005, 07:59 PM
fin damage is completely inevitable; in fact, those fins look exceptionally undamaged compared to say, my 2-302, which has a patch of kinda crushed fins, like someone leaned on it (not crushed too bad, just slightly deformed) and other similar oddities.

Hu1kamania
12-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Yup, i had some damaged fins myself, but it didnt hurt my feelings any. Nothing major, very similar to bapski.

Marci
12-06-2005, 02:38 AM
They aren't "damaged" as such. You'll find deformity of the end-rows is completely unavoidable at such a low FPI and occurs on EVERY rad produced in that line during endtank-plate fitment.

noticed the barbs nor the radiator itself did not come with a GASKET or a WASHER or whatever its called. ive worked with two previous rads, a bix2 and a bip2 and both came with a gasket or a washer. but to make sure i got a washer or a gasket and also teflon. just to be sure. so, if anyone or MARCI can clarify me on this id appreciate it.

We don't use rubber-o-ring seal barbs. Apply PTFE Tape to the threads.

I ordered this shroud to go with PA120.3. I got the HE shroud however. I managed to make it fit and mounted in my case. Looks great! Still waiting on pump and CPU then i can try it out.

I'd have got straight onto sales and stated that wrong shroud was sent, to which they'd have told you to keep that one (not worth sending back) and would've likely had the correct shroud despatched to you the next day...

i too would have thought the rad would have come with some gaskets.

Rad comes with neoprene fan gaskets. Seems terminology is getting mixed up... previous poster seemed to be referring to O-Ring washers for the barbs...

bapski
12-06-2005, 09:24 AM
They aren't "damaged" as such. You'll find deformity of the end-rows is completely unavoidable at such a low FPI and occurs on EVERY rad produced in that line during endtank-plate fitment.

We don't use rubber-o-ring seal barbs. Apply PTFE Tape to the threads.

I'd have got straight onto sales and stated that wrong shroud was sent, to which they'd have told you to keep that one (not worth sending back) and would've likely had the correct shroud despatched to you the next day...

Rad comes with neoprene fan gaskets. Seems terminology is getting mixed up... previous poster seemed to be referring to O-Ring washers for the barbs...

you're right was referring to o-ring. . . just the same i bought a pair at our local hardware store, homedepot. and also put some teflon tape.

temp is at 47c FOLDING. this can still go down MARCI right? with this rad? i do hear an odd sound coming from the fans though. like something's blocking it. took off the fan grill and i still have the same noise. does anyone think its the gasket?

ps. and oh i did have 12 tapper screws (remember they were all over the place in the package?) but 1 was a different kind than the rest. and no, its not the spare bleed screw. was able to find a replacement. no harm done.

Marci
12-06-2005, 09:37 AM
Temp of CPU is dependant on flowrate vs airflow thru rad vs ambient temp, and defined in the majority by the fan you've stuck on it. That's assuming rad is cause of high temps - could be bad block mount... could be a lot of things... there isn't anyway that the rad can not work in comparison to all the rest we've ever made, so assume the rad is sound. *shrug*

Easy way to tell if it's gasket - remove fans - you'll see some chewing on the gasket where the fans been catching it if thats whats causing it... in which case just trim off the excess gasket with a knife...

bapski
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Temp of CPU is dependant on flowrate vs airflow thru rad vs ambient temp, and defined in the majority by the fan you've stuck on it. That's assuming rad is cause of high temps - could be bad block mount... could be a lot of things... there isn't anyway that the rad can not work in comparison to all the rest we've ever made, so assume the rad is sound. *shrug*

Easy way to tell if it's gasket - remove fans - you'll see some chewing on the gasket where the fans been catching it if thats whats causing it... in which case just trim off the excess gasket with a knife...

noise is coming from fans chewing on gasket indeed. ended up loosening the screws but wont this let "AIR COME OUT IN BETWEEN"?. how about losing the gasket? will their be performance difference?

re-seated the cpu block. somewhat noticed a 2-3c drop from "FOLDING TEMP" am crossing my fingers.

my ambient temp is at 68c (by ambient, its room temp right?) im using panaflo fans(FBA12G12U) undervolted to at least 7v. are my fans ok or can you suggest anything better that would work best with the pa120.3?