PDA

View Full Version : Stripped-down Audigy drivers?

aMp
11-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Like it says, I'm wondering if Creative offers (or somebody else has cobbled together) a lean driver for the Audigy 2ZS. All I want is -- surprise! -- my sound card to output quality sound, and to interface well with games. That's it. I don't need another crappy media player, THX, a "WaveStudio," or any of it. Come to think of it, I don't even need the flashy, buggy UI that typifies Creative's drivers.

I don't think the installation allowed me to deselect these options, or I would have.

-aMp-

Mr. Tinker
11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
I will join you in hating creative's drivers and so-called "added value."

Dear Creative,

Thanks for putting a link to AOL everywhere even when I specifically say not to during driver installation. I would also like to ask you to return the 10+ hours of my life that I've been forced to waste sitting through your extremely slow driver installs.

Love,
Mr. Tinker

craig588
11-07-2005, 07:38 PM
KX drivers are good. They are far more powerful than anything creative puts out and they are done by an indy team.

wickedld9
11-08-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm using drivers from the Creative site (currently using a BETA) and the only thing it installs is the sound card. Give these (http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download2.asp?Product_ID=4915&dlcentric=8888&Product_Name=Audigy+2+ZS&OSName=Windows+XP) a shot.

BTW yes I hate the drivers that come on the CD, it takes nearly as much time to install the drivers as it does to install Windows. The person who puts all that stuff on the CD should be tortured. :slapass:
I saved these drivers and a little bit older set on my server so that I don't ever have to mess with the CD again.

Adam217
11-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Use with this control panel, simple, ugly and to the point. http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download2.asp?Product_ID=4915&dlcentric=8850&Product_Name=Audigy+2+ZS&OSName=Windows+XP

aMp
11-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Sounds good, I'll give those simpler drivers a try. I've got a sweet spot for custom drivers so I'd like to give kX a whirl, but according to the dev team they're not aimed at gamers -- half my needs.

Thanks, guys.

SamHughe
11-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Count me in for the haters' club! Creative Cd installs AOL everywhere. However, It DOES let you install only the drivers or any of the components amongst the bunch. There is an install option in the CD says "Drivers only".