PDA

View Full Version : EFS Codec: Personal Dev. Project

Entity_Razer
11-07-2005, 05:49 AM
Hi all,

i've been playing with the idea of creting a encryption codec for some time now for a chat program a classmate of mine made with VB.NET

Now I already have the codec (COder/DECoder)layout in my mind, what it will need to do, the steps, the precise encryption I am putting together (will be disclosed once the project is done to demonstrate the utter brilliance and simplicity of encrypting)

Now I do need some help with it all.

I know how to program itsself, make forms that do all kinds of neat tricks but I am looking into making one file, a DLL or whatever so I can put my code inthere, and people can just copy my specification for using it. (which format for the ingoing data, outgoing data, such things)

I don't want the codec to be OpenSourced as of yet as I want to run some funny tests here first but so , I need help on programming one file wich houses the engine so to speak.

On file which just gets the data in via one side, processes it and sends it back to the program which called it. Like a subroutine or a function if you will but then in a seperate file.
I need to know how to do this (compile/build to a single file) plus I need to know how to convert strings en datatyped to hexadecimal, Decimal, Binary code etc. As the program will use binary to do it's encryption itsself. as I said I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet but I just need to know how to convert strings of text, signs , numeric values to binary code.

I will display the result and the source of everything once all coding is completed and the system works :D

What I can tell you is that it will be virually unbreakable seeing as it rests on the enigma principle, but not quite :)

So if anyone could help me out with this?

BTW EFS stands for Encryption For Students as the chat program is a chat program used by our class and written by one of our class.

Thanks in advance for all help!