PDA

View Full Version : Video Vs. Photo

bullet2urbrain
10-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Whats the Hardware internal difference? if any?

is there a different processor or something?

can i overclock my ipod photo? :stick:

im curious to know what the difference is component wise because there was virtually no price increase for the new video ones.. which to me says Apple is using the same old hardware they just did a different screen and casing..

Thanks Guys.

the_new_guy
10-25-2005, 02:18 AM
there is a different chip.
i dont think the photo chip can handle video decoding
check out the ipod linux project they did some thing to run video on a photo

the_new_guy
10-25-2005, 02:19 AM
http://ipodlinux.org/Main_Page

Vapor
10-25-2005, 04:15 AM
They manually went through a slideshow at the same pace of the ripped audio from the movie :stick:

bullet2urbrain
10-25-2005, 09:58 AM
hmm well that opened my eyes a little bit more.. however im still curious.. not for the sake of playing video's as the hardware doesnt seem capable on the ipod photo but rather what can be done on an ipod.. similar to the PSP Hacks.

now if only they worked on 4th gen ipods.

Disposibleteen
10-25-2005, 11:20 AM
What would you possibly achieve through overclocking an Ipod? The only thing i can think of is a shorter battery life.

bullet2urbrain
10-25-2005, 11:24 AM
what do you achieve by calculating 1 million digits of Pi?

why do some of us super cool our CPU's

why is the sky blue

why are boobs good?
how does a positrac work?

its just something to do.. if i could get my album art/song to start playing quicker ( i get like a 3-6 second delay while it loads the album art) i'd be happier.

Also: where are you @ in cleveland? i live(d) on the East Side in the suburbs.

but now im in SE Ohio @ Ohio University.

Disposibleteen
10-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh i didnt know about the delay in the album art displaying, i guess that would be what you wish to achieve.

I actually live in a suburb of cleveland.

fatfreepork
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
the hardware is the same. It lags like a crazy pig cus apple just added newer features. The video loading times are very slow and album art does lag but thats only because it uses a regular slow hard drive. If you are used to the nano its because the nano uses flash drive memory. Use your brains. The pricing is the same because the costs are the same for apple to produce. It is already the highest priced mp3 player.

Vapor
10-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Do you have proof that the hardware is the same? :confused:

bullet2urbrain
10-25-2005, 04:32 PM
i was thinking the same thing when i said above about the price difference...

im not sure.. about the hardware.. i was noticing on the site someone posted above that there was a certain encoder for Video on the photo??? is that correct???

i think its an interesting idea.. i wish i didnt post it in the mac section so it would get more views

the_new_guy
10-26-2005, 02:26 AM
there are these people who ripped it apart the hardware is different for sure!!

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/video-ipod.ars/6

bullet2urbrain
10-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Great Find... Thanks...

well guess im plum out of luck..