PDA

View Full Version : Super PI mod1.4 crashes when joined to a domain?

sirkuz
10-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Well after much time involved I have finally been able to recreate and correct my problems with Super PI mod1.4 crashing in WinXP SP2. It happens when the computer is joined to my domain. Removing the computer from the domain and the app works as designed. Joined and it will generate errors and windows will force it closed. The non-mod version does not appear to have this issue. Has as one else noticed this (probably not many running on domains)? Any ideas on how being joined to a domain would affect this application? I am stumped.

Thanks,
Kuz

SpookyMoomin
10-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Perhaps a permissions issue - right click the SuperPi folder - then Properties - then Security, and check that your Domain username has full control permissions. If possible click Advanced on that page, then Owner tab, and select your DOMAIN\username and take ownership of that folder and all subfolders.

Might be a mile off, but its the first thing I'd check at least; hope you get it sorted.

sirkuz
10-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, however my user is already added to the local administrators group in order to have full permissions. I am stumped as to what being joined to a domain causes problems for superpi mod...hmmm

mung3r
11-12-2006, 05:42 PM
I have the same problem and posted about it almost a year ago here:
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37694

Never got to the bottom of the problem until I saw this thread - looks like you figured it out.

There doesn't seem to be a bug fix or solution for the "mod" version. I just use the non-"mod" version of Super PI which works fine.

astrodave
12-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the explanation! I put together a core2 system this week and superpi mod wont run on it without crashing when memtest and orthos both will. I tried installing the same version on my dell xps and it wouldnt run it either past maybe 30 seconds or so. Both are joined to my domain. I am running superpi 1.1 non mod now on the xps and its gotten wayyy further than either mod versions did. Ill test it with my new core2 machine tomorrow after memtest has run overnight.

G H Z
12-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Are you running it from a network location or local?

mung3r
04-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Doesn't seem to matter where you run it. I tried it local and I still get errors.