PDA

View Full Version : Cant get Prime to stop failing

Heligrin
10-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi, I just signed up for this Forum and im glad to be here :D

I have a 3700+ sandy, MSI K8N neo2-F, and Corsair XMS 4000pro 500mhz. :)

I cant seem to get prime from giving me rounding errors. I can go about 7 minutes without getting a rounding error. My temps are 45 load on prime. I have my cpu at 2.6ghz and at 1.47 volts. My PSU is good, my volts dont drop much while prime is running. My FSB is 239 x 11 w/ a 4x HT link. I havent used a ram divider because my ram can run at 250 mhz. Any ideas? Should i try upping my volts?

Also its weird, i dont seem to be getting better FPS in CSS. THe stress test remains about the same at 110 fps avg. Is this the point at which my 6800GT is holding me back?

shuRe
10-23-2005, 11:11 AM
:welcome: Welcome to the forums :welcome:

First drop yout htt link speed to x3

Well i dont see your temps being a problem, but what you might want to do is eleminate the chances of multiple factors causing prime95 to error.

First run your ram 1:1 ratio with the cpu at a speed which you know is 100% stable, somin like 300x8 or a similar mhz below 2.4ghz (or whatever mhz ur ram is fastest at with low multi)

Then run your ram using a divider, so it is running at something once again you know is 100% stable (try stock or lower speed like cpu). With the ram running totally stable from the above setting, find your maximum stable cpu speed.

Once you find the two settings combine them, what might happen tho is that you need to bump the cpu voltage for the stress on the mem controller, or you might find that the mem controller just simply cant take a max cpu clock with a max memory clock. In that instance just use a mem divider to take the stress off the mem controller.

One other thing might be to increase the chipset voltage a bit, maybe 0.1 or somthing, it works for some.

If all else fails and you can play games, run superpi 32mb and d20l without your computer crashing then i wouldnt worry