PDA

View Full Version : Snaps, crackles, and pops - Audio Crispies

steiner666
10-22-2005, 10:47 AM
I've been putting off geting a new sound card for quite some time now (them X-Fi's soundin nice) and so i'm still running a Creative SB Live! 5.1. Recently i formatted my harddrive and reinstalled everything, and now my audio gets these annoying pops and cracks in some applications (mainly in games, but some video files too). I remember I had this problem shortly after I got this card but fixed it somehow and i can't remember how. I downloaded the most recent drivers from Creative's website and i've looked around at other forums to try to jog my memory, but I can't remember how i fixed it. Anyone else have and fix this problem with a SB Live card?

craig588
10-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Try they KX drivers, they are much less intrusive and far easier to configure. They have all the routing options you could want, so if it's a problem with the card they can get around it.

They also have many additional functions if you want to turn your computer into a realtime sound processor, but you don't need those.

steiner666
10-23-2005, 12:26 PM
hey thanks, been using them for a day now and havent had the distortion although i'm having trouble getting my quadraphonic setup to work right with these drivers, still alot better so far.

steiner666
11-01-2005, 04:56 AM
still getting sound distortion in BF2 when its on hardware rendering, everything else seems to work fine

Major_A
11-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Use the latest X-Fi drivers and see if they help. They seem to be much improved over the older Audigy 2 ZS drivers I was running on my Audigy MP3+.
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=45004

steiner666
11-09-2005, 03:38 PM
i got a new mobo/processor/ram and its still doing the same damn things, and its also crackling in winamp a lil bit. I tried dling the most recent Live! drivers and and installing them and they say there isnt an SB live! card in my system? So i installed the drivers that come with the CD and still says that, but it has it in my Device manager...?

Major_A
11-09-2005, 10:09 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I even post a reply. Did you even look at the link I provided?

steiner666
11-15-2005, 05:19 PM
sorry, but yes i did try those drivers and many other since, still nothing. In fac ti removed the card and have tried my onboard OC97 7.1 sound and still teh same deal. tried replacing IDE cables, changing PCI slots, removing IDE dvdrom using different speakers.. still the same :banana::banana::banana::banana: