PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon Clan

JBELL
01-07-2003, 12:45 PM
All right I an officially hooked on this game - Lysdexic one of our newest members is a constant staple to game play on my GR Server.. Trying out the idea of having an XBOX clan - if you have this game and are interested in this idea let me know.

lysdexic
01-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Ah, finally found the thread. :banana:

So far we have Cadd, Lysdexic, and maximumMAXIMUS correct? We've got some great games going on the server. I'm thinking once we get a few more peeps we can run a few private games to plan out strategies, etc... Shirts and skins so to speak...

-lys

JBELL
01-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by lysdexic
Ah, finally found the thread. :banana:

So far we have Cadd, Lysdexic, and maximumMAXIMUS correct? We've got some great games going on the server. I'm thinking once we get a few more peeps we can run a few private games to plan out strategies, etc... Shirts and skins so to speak...

-lys

Batwings is suppose to be in but no word from him, P32 would be nice but he is never on and Hupperware is M-I-A

K_2
01-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Let me know how I can join.. I have been on Live since Beta and this game is pretty killer..

Thanks

JBELL
01-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by K_2
Let me know how I can join.. I have been on Live since Beta and this game is pretty killer..

Thanks

Find me on LIVE .. Gamer tag is ''CADD'' all caps...

I run a server almost nightly - play with us and see what you think and show what you got.

lysdexic
01-08-2003, 05:05 PM
I've got a friend who got an xbox, GR, and live for x-mas. So he's still a major noob, but I told him we'd whip him into shape in no time. Now if he'd just get off his ass and sign up for his gamer tag... :rolleyes:

lysdexic
01-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Are you going to setup a private forum for the clan or should I start posting tips here?

JBELL
01-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Are you going to setup a private forum for the clan or should I start posting tips here?

untill I see the need for it - everything will stay public.

if you have sensitive mission critical info - use the private messenger feature.

What wer eyou going to ask me about my trick on Embassy tonight??

before I got the kill on the roof.

lysdexic
01-09-2003, 07:21 AM
As you came around the corner between the embassy and the back wall, you dropped a grenade on the ground at your feet. At first I thought you hit the wall with it accidentally, but then it occurred to me that you were discourging a chaser. Either way, it gave me the idea for the tactic.

So, here's the tip:
If you're in the alleys or other tight quarters being chased, drop a grenade at your feet and get the hell out of there. Hopefully your unwitting, over confident enemy will be eager to catch you and walk right on top of it. Worst case, it might stall the chase giving you time to get into firing postition.

JBELL
01-09-2003, 08:00 AM
that is true but also I knew I had a target on the roof of the embassy I wanted his attention taken off the stairs.

jaslee
01-09-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by JBELL
All right I an officially hooked on this game - Lysdexic one of our newest members is a constant staple to game play on my GR Server.. Trying out the idea of having an XBOX clan - if you have this game and are interested in this idea let me know.

I'm sure you already know I up for the GR clan. Just thought I'd make it official by posting it!

JBELL
01-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by jaslee
I'm sure you already know I up for the GR clan. Just thought I'd make it official by posting it!

now to get your skilled in how to play good! ...and not eat every Frag I luanch at you! lol

jaslee
01-09-2003, 09:34 AM
now to get your skilled in how to play good! ...and not eat every Frag I luanch at you! lol

If I remember correctly, I've killed you a few times as well. However, I'd rather have you on MY team!

JBELL
01-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by jaslee
If I remember correctly, I've killed you a few times as well. However, I'd rather have you on MY team!

you, HKYPLR, and everyone else... except Hupperware he likes to mix it up more then work out strategic team games, but then again - it isn't like everyone on my server is great - that is usually one sided as far as playing skill.

I like it being more even personally.

Hupperware
01-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love team games... but what are we working for. It's not like there is an official ladder structure for clans like there is with Unreal and the sports games.

I would be willing to make a website for GR clans and ladders, game schedules, clan challenges. All I would need is the $30 to buy the name (something like ghostreconclans.com) and a little time to get the site up.

JBELL
01-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Hupperware
Don't get me wrong, I love team games... but what are we working for. It's not like there is an official ladder structure for clans like there is with Unreal and the sports games.

I would be willing to make a website for GR clans and ladders, game schedules, clan challenges. All I would need is the $30 to buy the name (something like ghostreconclans.com) and a little time to get the site up.

The purpose is xbox leagues are being formed and talked about... I want an arizona league and/or a XTREME GR CLAN.

yeah it is not ranked like in unreal, MechAssualt, or the sega games.. but I think a few of us on the server gel well as a team... good team work and communication and great sense of good game play in fairness... with the exception of the occasional spawn killing - but that is always going to happen ESPECIALLY on CreekBed.

I think it is a doable thing and also just like getting your team together for hockey or airsoft - do it just for fun.

Hupperware
01-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Um, that is the point of Live... so you don't have to be in the same room.

Forming klans just gives you something to play for. Schedule games. Take this beyond just a gloat "I'm in a clan!". Who cares if you are on some kind of team that never is challenged by another team. Let's build this thing and pimp it on IGN where we can fill teams. Teams of 4. Weekly scheduled games. Ladder moves. That would be great!

JBELL
01-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Hupperware
Um, that is the point of Live... so you don't have to be in the same room.

Forming klans just gives you something to play for. Schedule games. Take this beyond just a gloat "I'm in a clan!". Who cares if you are on some kind of team that never is challenged by another team. Let's build this thing and pimp it on IGN where we can fill teams. Teams of 4. Weekly scheduled games. Ladder moves. That would be great!

exactly ... something VERY doable!

Where you can keep W/L ratios and create rankings....

JBELL
01-09-2003, 10:27 AM
as for scheduled games ... you figure small groupings during week then usually weekends is where most people have time - do ranked matches then.

lysdexic
01-09-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm up for tourneys and ladders (though I'm not quite sure ladders are)... Being a software developer by trade I can help with a site if need be.

And I agree with Hup... What good is being on a team that destroys everyone who comes to challenge them? While I enjoy winning, I enjoy being challenged more. I'm not afraid to die (in game) or lose as long as it's fun and challenging. Last night really seemed like the first night in a while where we had a gaggle of good players to make things interesting. I wish wasn't so tired and could have hung out longer.

Weekays for practices. Ranked matches on the weekend sounds good to me. JBELL, just out of curiosity, why were you planning a local league? Time zone related?

@ Jaslee: Have we played together? What's your gamer tag?

lysdexic
01-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Another thought on the team league thing...

When I played tourney paintball there was typically an A and B team both under the same name (ie Xtreme Fraggers A and Xtreme Fraggers B). Both teams practiced together. As usually happens, on tourney day some players from one team or the other didn't show. With 10 total players there was always at least 5 available to form one team for the tourneys.

JBELL
01-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Lys:

JASLEE = JADOG on Live!
yeah locally becuase it is easier to cordinate - especially with time zones etc.

Sub teams are planned from get go - for back up support.

lysdexic
01-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Well, my last game of the night blew. Killing like mad and I get locked up hardcore.

Dunno whether it was OBSOCAL or Snick420 talking the trash, but on the remote chance you check out the forum, you got yo a$$ spanked. Anytime you want another I'll be glad to give you the beatin' your father never did...

heheh...I usually never talk trash like that... :stick:

JBELL
01-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Well, my last game of the night blew. Killing like mad and I get locked up hardcore.

Dunno whether it was OBSOCAL or Snick420 talking the trash, but on the remote chance you check out the forum, you got yo a$$ spanked. Anytime you want another I'll be glad to give you the beatin' your father never did...

heheh...I usually never talk trash like that... :stick:

yeah ISP fdropped me and everyone exited fast!

If those punks come back we will destroy them again.

JBELL
01-10-2003, 12:17 AM
CLAN update

Hupperware
Lysdexic
CADD - JBELL
JADOG - Jaslee
MaximumMAXIMUS - Connie0110

connie0110
01-10-2003, 12:19 AM
well what can I say I consider myself to be one of the best cause I roll with the best and put the trashtalkers to rest of course 1/10/03 was apretty good night ranked up afew good kills thanks to my amigos Jbell and lysdexic.......... I'm new here but as time rolls on Ill be well known....... MAXXX:banana:

connie0110
01-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Here's A tip for the Embassy, gaurd rails make good cover for incoming fire, especialy if you are covering a team mate who's on top of the embassy, gaurd rail to the south covers garrage, alley and south main road, if you give up your position on the gaurd rail simply move around so that the enemy wont catch you in the same position, chances are he'll come back for reveng......MAXX

lysdexic
01-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Welcome, maxx!

Here's a few tips.

A good general rule... Don't pop up from the same place twice. If you popped up on the left side of your cover the first time and they've got you painted, pop up on the right next time. This works especially well in bomb craters on a map like the battlefield.

A lot of people like to advance on the position they last saw you at. So if the enemy has seen you and you don't have a good shot, try to back up and cover the spot you were at and likely spots where someone would shoot at that spot if possible.

JBELL
01-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Alleys are easy to protect - even from the stupid OIC/W rifle.

Try and hug a wall or corner as much as possible and after kill they DO come back so move your position forward to new corner or back up to a secondary one for next kill and then repeat - unbeat went down 9 times in a row with that trick, and in more than one game also.

JBELL
01-10-2003, 09:49 AM
The best tip and trick:
play and defeat your campaigns and dossiers!!!!

SOOO many people go wasted each game cuase they have stock weapons that are worthless.

as far as map to weapon playing.. I have only mastered a few levels.

Airbase = M98 or 7.62 Carbine sniper rifles work best.

Embassy = PKM, M60 or OIC/W

Stronghold = very diverse map, has many hiding locations so a strong sniper rifle does well - NEVER use silent sniper, go with M98 or the 7.62 Carbine. PKM is another personal choice if this gun is avaible to you - it has greta zoom ability and strong accuracy that can be reached at almost the entire lenght of the map!.

Creekbed = this is a fragger's delight, spawn killing is unavoidable here, go with fast assualt rifle or gernade the hell out of the map and you will be victorious.

Wilderness = too big to define to any weapon - just know your terrian and watch those bushes on the edge of your vision!!

Mountain - any sniper with double zoom - and you can hit a target and leave no clue as to your location!

Farm = have one sniper and one support engineer with pkm or some fast rate assualt rifle. Set sniper outside of farm house to watch doors and use rifleman to watch windows on upstairs locations.

Tweaked!
01-10-2003, 09:50 AM
lysdexic and connie0110, Welcome to Xtreme!:D

lysdexic
01-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Thanks, Tweaked!

as far as map to weapon playing.. I have only mastered a few levels.

Not necessarily the best choices, but usually mine are...

Red Square - PKM or OIC/W. A lot of people like to play sniper rifles here and you can do well with one because of the open ground, but depending on the respawn zones, there are many paths that can be used to flank a sniper.

Train Wreck - PKM, M60, OIC/W. Way too small to snipe effectively here. Battles are usually fast and furious.

Day Docks - PKM, M60, OIC/W

Castle - PKM, M60, OIC/W

JBELL
01-10-2003, 01:43 PM
docks and castle ALWAYS PKM or OIC/W

embassy - OIC/W only when in ''GLC'' game mode.

lysdexic
01-10-2003, 01:53 PM
Other misc tips:

If you hear gun fire close to you and aren't sure where it's coming from, drop to prone postion rather than running for cover. You'll force them to re-aim giving you a second to find them.

You can fire accurately when dropping or rising.

Obvious, but not everyone seems to have read the manual. The closer your reticle pips are to the middle the more accurate your shot will be.

Carbine's reticles close the quickest but often lack kill power and have small magazines.

Practice doing three round bursts with something like the OIC/W in single shot mode and your three single shots can be very accurate.

Tweaked!
01-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Well it loks like there's also a bday.

Happy B-day Connie0110!:D

connie0110
01-10-2003, 03:33 PM
:D carbines may have small magazines but are deadly accurate if you know how to use them, it's my most prized gun in the whole game they have long range capeabilities and are as deadly on single shot than on automatic your more capeable of hitting a target on single shot than automatic Iv'e killed numurous of enemys with the carbine on single shot, if your the hunter type the carbine is just for you if your the big brawler type I recommend m60 and other heavy meachine guns......maxxx

connie0110
01-10-2003, 03:45 PM
:toast:Thanks tweaked my wife thanks you of course it's her user name and today is her birthday its good to be apart of this online clan theres alot of good tips from the best players and I just can't wait to play again........MAXXX

p32modulator
01-10-2003, 10:50 PM
What up CADD, p32, let me know what I have to do, thanks..................

JBELL
01-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by p32modulator
What up CADD, p32, let me know what I have to do, thanks..................

will do .. right now we are working on gather place to set up times to play and prcatice etc etc

p32modulator
01-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Right on my brother, keep me informed, Daren

JBELL
01-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Right on my brother, keep me informed, Daren

10-fo

lysdexic
01-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Welcome, P! Does this mean we are six now?

CADD -JBELL
Hupperware
JADOG -Jaslee
lysdexic
MaximumMAXIMUS - Connie0110
P32MODULATOR?

P, I only played the last game against you tonight, but goddamned you were hot. I figured out your strategy too late and you nailed me...

Ok, revelation time....

There's two of us playing as lysdexic. There the secret's out. It's my roommate and myself, but it's my account. I'm the original lysdexic and I'm the one playing the most often. Cadd knew the secret. He knows me as lys1 and my roommate as lys2. I don't think lys2 is doing the clan thing though. He's not quite as addicted as I am. Keep the split-personality info within the clan though...k? ;)

lysdexic
01-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Hey Caddster, what time you firing up the server today?

Damn, I can't believe I'm planning my day around a video game now... heheh...

JBELL
01-11-2003, 01:05 PM
Hey Caddster, what time you firing up the server today?

Damn, I can't believe I'm planning my day around a video game now... heheh...

firing up in 5 minutes

connie0110
01-11-2003, 01:17 PM
:banana: :) well last night was a good night, played against cadd and lysdexic got roughed up a little but did pretty well welcome P32 how are you doing I can't wait till this clan is up and running....somtimes we have good nights and somtimes we have bad nights but fear not my friends I feel the good times are just around the corner.............MAXXX

p32modulator
01-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Whats up Maxxx, p32 here, I think this clan will not be beat by anyone!!!!!!!! And that is no dought!!!!!!Let me know when you guys are going to be on, and the time and I will be there, until then..............................P32

JBELL
01-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Whats up Maxxx, p32 here, I think this clan will not be beat by anyone!!!!!!!! And that is no dought!!!!!!Let me know when you guys are going to be on, and the time and I will be there, until then..............................P32

with practice we will be the best, we are not there yet but definitly a top team for sure!

JBELL
01-11-2003, 03:53 PM
9-9:30ish AZ tiem I should have server up .. I will send invites out.

p32modulator
01-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Ya I hear Ya , jusst pumping the team up, LOL!!!!!...........P32

p32modulator
01-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Eastern Mountain or Pacific time????????LOL.............P32

connie0110
01-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Whats up Maxxx, p32 here, I think this clan will not be beat by anyone!!!!!!!! And that is no dought!!!!!!Let me know when you guys are going to be on, and the time and I will be there, until then.
.............................P32 Yeh I think so too but with basic skill such as communication and good faith in our team mates we'll do just fine in fact we'll be the elite online band of brothers................MAXXX

lysdexic
01-11-2003, 06:03 PM
I've played some really good players and I know we can be beat now, but we have a great dedicated squad to build with and we will be the GR xbox team to beat.

lysdexic
01-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Eastern Mountain or Pacific time????????LOL.............P32

Good question actually. You guys are on mountain time this part of the year right?

p32modulator
01-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Ya I am Mountain time

lysdexic
01-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Hey CADD, have you hit up Darkwing about the clan? He seems to be on often and he's a pretty good player.

slapshot
01-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Well for those of you who don't know slapshot = hkyplr. I have to say I am very impressed with the game play and team work that every one who plays on cadd's server shows. I was in the military as an infantryman and If you guys can fight in a real war as good as you do on gr.... I'd go to war with you anyday. Props go out to lysdexic, maxx, cadd, hupperware, jaydog, and anyone else I missed that is on this site. Thanks for the tips and I look forward to being on your side.(I'd hate to be against you guys!!)
:toast:

jaslee
01-14-2003, 01:22 PM
Whats up Slapshot!! Its good to see you've finally come around the forums.

connie0110
01-14-2003, 01:30 PM
well its good to see were the few on ghost with the skills to conqure all but there's still some that are just as good as us thanx to all on the clan for making a stand not many use the skills that are requierd on ghost like steath and patience, slapshot Id go to war with you and my other commrades.. Cadd, lysdexic,hupperware, jadogg,p32 and every one who puts it down on tha ghost............MAXXX

JBELL
01-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Jan14th:

No server tonight I am house sitting and will be back by friday at earliest..

sorry guys.

p32modulator
01-14-2003, 06:31 PM
No problem Cadd, I will be in practicing, p32.................@8:00 PM Mountain time

lysdexic
01-16-2003, 12:20 PM
I took Tues night off but last night only P32 and I were on. I kept having connect probs though and gave up... So where has everyone else been?

JBELL
01-16-2003, 12:23 PM
I took Tues night off but last night only P32 and I were on. I kept having connect probs though and gave up... So where has everyone else been?

I'll be back tonight and I got 2 more dossier's done - one of them being the paper mode cheat!

JBELL
01-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Lys - dig the mp3's they flow quite nicely.

slapshot
01-16-2003, 12:41 PM
I will be on tonight as well, had a few extra -curricular activities to attend to last couple of nights...:D :toast: :banana: :smileysex

p32modulator
01-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Sup guys, I also will be on tonight @ 9:00 see you all there..............P32

JBELL
01-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Sup guys, I also will be on tonight @ 9:00 see you all there..............P32

[smash mouth]

Hey now
your in a recon
get your game on
go FRRAAGG!!

[/smash mouth]

lysdexic
01-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Of course, I post the message and then don't show up... heheh... Sorry guys I was beat last night. Fell asleep on the couch around 9:00 PST....

@JBELL: Thanks, man! Just finished an remix of the Sinthesis track. In the middle of mixing it now. I should have a new Hard House/Trance track in the next few weeks too... (The rough stuff is there and I think the idea will work to completion anyway...)

lysdexic
01-17-2003, 09:07 AM
I'll be back tonight and I got 2 more dossier's done - one of them being the paper mode cheat!

I think I'm up to 37 complete now... So you should all be calling me Capt. Lysdexic now. j/k

I just have defends and cheats and the veteran and elite campaigns left... Half way through the veteran campaign...

BTW: How did you get to the square on the Paper Mode Cheat? I can't get to the halls without being detected. I've also tried to lead them off my path by killing a few and drawing the rest to an area away from where I'm planning on sneaking through...

p32modulator
01-17-2003, 07:36 PM
Sup guys, are you on tonight? Fri ...............Let me know..........P32

p32modulator
01-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Good job guys, we kicked some ass last night, let me know when your on next, ..........................P32

p32modulator
01-20-2003, 04:25 PM
What up Boyzzzzzzzzzzzzz? lets get some kills tonight, let me know, ..................................P32