PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy foam or neoprene?

Umgawa
01-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Give me some ideas guys im drawing a blank.:(

KnightElite
01-07-2003, 12:20 PM
DangerDen carries neoprene, as should any refrigeration parts store, and I think Home Depot carries it (not 100% sure on that one).

muzz
01-09-2003, 05:35 AM
You can also buy the sheet insulation as bowman has stated.. it's polyethylene I believe..... you can get it at places like Graingers, some plumbing supply houses MAY carry it also, but non around my area do. I will be taking a trip to Graingers myself, as I want a sheet of it. 36"x48" 1/2" is like $18

That should last me awhile don't ya think? heheh

Umgawa
01-09-2003, 06:07 AM
Thxs Guys. Will check those places.:)

bowman1964
01-09-2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by muzz
You can also buy the sheet insulation as bowman has stated.. it's polyethylene I believe..... you can get it at places like Graingers, some plumbing supply houses MAY carry it also, but non around my area do. I will be taking a trip to Graingers myself, as I want a sheet of it. 36"x48" 1/2" is like $18

That should last me awhile don't ya think? heheh

yep i am still cutting pieces of off my sheet.so cheap you can order online and pay shipping and still come out ahead.

muzz
01-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Better than 6 dinky little pieces for $10 thats for sure..........:D

BTW I found your post on that when doing a search on the issue bowman........ I was thinking of getting something nearby, and saw that and said DOH!!!!!! I used to go to Graingers once in awhile( been awhile though), but didn't even think of them.

Thanks Bro,

muzz

bowman1964
01-09-2003, 08:49 AM
well i am working on a condesation and insulation guide right now .which i should have posted by the 20th or so of this month i hope.and it will have the grainger insulation shown with a few other types i use.i am trying to show how it can be done without using silicone or anything else that will void your warranty if you wanted to return the board for warranty.:) :D

muzz
01-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Well I just got back from getting mine........ let me say...
There is ALOT here!!! lol

That's a pretty sweet deal in contrast to what you pay for neoprene, and plumbers/hvac guys have been using this stuff for years.
Ever seen a pipe drip with this stuff on there? I haven't( if installed correctly).
I tell ya what , that Liquid Tape works mint also, you can get that stuff off no problem, and it seals well also........ try getting silicone or something like that off there... good luck with your mess!!!!

muzz

marlboro
01-17-2003, 11:59 AM
@bowman1964
any news regarding your insulation guide?

can't wait :p

Marlboro

bowman1964
01-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by marlboro
@bowman1964
any news regarding your insulation guide?

can't wait :p

Marlboro

well i have almost finished it.
i need to swap out motherboards maybe this weekend so i will show some pics of how to clean a motherboard's dieletric grease off in the case of a rma /warranty replacement needed.
you dont want to do anything that will ruin your motherboard from possible replacement .if you leave all the grease on it,i dont think it will go over too well.:cool: