PDA

View Full Version : #1 PCmark 04: Cheater?

{PMS}fishy
10-15-2005, 02:27 PM
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm04=3040752

How is that score possible with the specs that are listed?

3.8ghz P4 beating out 3ghz+ X2s.

kamongear
10-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Yea he sure seems to be a cheater.

higherřx
10-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Clube Do Hardware is simply the worst and most ridiculous hardware "clans"/forums of Brazil.
We have a few decent exceptions there.
Do not take Clube do Hardware results as an example of brazilian capacity... NEVER.
Decent forums of Brazil are hardMOB and Guia do Hardware.

[]'s

mtb856
10-15-2005, 05:28 PM
He's using a ramdrive if I remember right... look at his HDD specs

TrancëJay
10-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Clube Do Hardware is simply the worst and most ridiculous hardware "clans"/forums of Brazil.
We have a few descent exceptions there.
Do not take Clube do Hardware results as an example of brazilian capacity... NEVER.
Descent forums of Brazil are hardMOB and Guia do Hardware.

[]'s

:clap:

{PMS}fishy
10-15-2005, 05:36 PM
He's using a ramdrive if I remember right... look at his HDD specs

:rolleyes:

What are you talking about?

Elisha
10-15-2005, 05:42 PM
look on VR zone. the scores with ram drives are amazing.

mtb856
10-15-2005, 05:45 PM
:rolleyes:

What are you talking about?

Didn't someone just break 17k with a ramdrive recently? Or was that you.... I forget

{PMS}fishy
10-15-2005, 05:48 PM
look on VR zone. the scores with ram drives are amazing.

Thats 05, not 04.

Vapor
10-15-2005, 06:26 PM
That my friends is what happens when the PLL on the 925 goes out of whack ;)

And no, the score is not legit....his stopwatch, rather than counting a minute for each test, only counted 20 seconds and that's why his ___/sec is very high--too high.

BeLtRaMe
10-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Hello,

This is my first post and I think that now I need to explain it to everybody here and rest of the world.

Firstly, I never did cheat to trick, and that wasn’t the first time. Like my dear friend Castor Troy said (of HardMOB), I don't know much thing about this benchmark, and never think about that 11.000 points would be the mundial record.

Every time I can, I call Castor, but I need to thank him, because he always help me.

I think that the reason about the points would an non-100%-stable overclock, like they told, Intel Chipsets (my mobo has an i925XE) boost the points when it isn't estable. About the Ram-Drive, until read this thread I didn't know what was it, and probably must be such a real expensive thing and I really dont have cash to get it.

For me it was a big surprise when Castor told me about it at the MSN. I didn't realize what was happening. I never had the intention to put the name of the country (and my name) in bad situation, because who know me knows that I always keep the tests with full honesty, and firstly, I really dont need to do tricks to put me in the first place in everything. I think that to have this honored position the people have to deserve it.

I talked with the PCMark 2004 ranking admin of the 'Clube do Hardware' and he told me that Mr. Toledo (I dont knew who is he) have checked this case and probably that bug is what I have metioned above.

I'm not trying to 'clear' my name, I'm just clarifying the facts for you know what really happens.

Now, I have a claim: I think that some people here need a 'little bit' of education, I wont talk about the names, but that people have offended me is this thread without my chance to declare.

My apologizes again and forgives any error in my English.

Bruno Beltrame
beltramstein@hotmail.com (free to talk about that)

vapb400
10-22-2005, 08:25 PM
it still doesnt make sense why your score is so high.

mtb856
10-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Thank you for joining the forums to explain your score.

Welcome to XS :)

toledo
10-23-2005, 09:00 AM
it still doesnt make sense why your score is so high.

Yes it does . It is only a bug . By the way it is the same bug that allows people score 10K in the bandwidth test with DDR 1 in Sandra . It is something related to non stable memory overclock and some benchs . If you take a look at the PCmark 2K5 scores you will see scores that does not make any sense either due to the same reason ....