PDA

View Full Version : Looping S&M ?? :)

carmelo
10-14-2005, 07:27 PM
I tried searching for it, but unable to find any threads that say anything about the ability to have S&M loop it self. It def. does the job with heating up the CPU. So far the only program that makes my comp see 42c temps so I'd like to see if I can loop it. On the CPU test it takes a little over an hour to do the long test. I'm tring some burn in, and seeing if what I am doing is actually working, and I think S&M will easily show me if what I'm doing is working or not. So if any one knows a way to loop it that would be great. I want to set it up to go for 24 hours at 12am, so I have 30 minutes to figure it out, or find something else that will stress out the CPU that much, and no I don't want to use prime.

IvanAndreevich
10-14-2005, 08:24 PM
You cannot do that. The author was approached with that option many times but he refused to implement it.

carmelo
10-14-2005, 08:28 PM
You cannot do that. The author was approached with that option many times but he refused to implement it.

Is there any source code available to download ? If there is, I may be able to work on a looping version.

CRUSH-ER
10-15-2005, 01:15 AM

Probably smart since alot of noobs would loop it on some crappy air cooling combo and burn up their cpu's. ;)

SoF
10-15-2005, 03:36 AM
ever tried OCCT? this is burning my cpu as hell as well.
but I don't know S&M so I can't compare :/

carmelo
10-16-2005, 06:30 AM
ever tried OCCT? this is burning my cpu as hell as well.
but I don't know S&M so I can't compare :/

I actually use OCCT for most of my burn in. S&M is pretty powerfull, so it seems. Its the only thing that can make my cpu about a degree or 2 hotter than anything else. Not just peak, sometimes maintain that temp for a bit, so its pretty strong. The long intensive test is about an hour - 2. The memory tester is a brutal, nothing else fails on my computer, but the memory test on this says i have 1 error, so im messin around with different settings, to see if that fixes a bug i have in games.

|SiLA|
10-16-2005, 08:15 AM
here's s&m..ran spi 32mb and s&m in the same time i think this is a good test

http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/1470/du21hl.jpg

carmelo
10-16-2005, 08:30 PM
here's s&m..ran spi 32mb and s&m in the same time i think this is a good test

http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/1470/du21hl.jpg

I might try that soon ....

EDIT: What were your temps during the 2 tests? Any higher than just running one or the other ?

|SiLA|
10-16-2005, 09:22 PM
I might try that soon ....

EDIT: What were your temps during the 2 tests? Any higher than just running one or the other ?
i was sleeping :D as u can see ended around 5am and i woke up 12 noon :D

my temps never go higher than 35c° anyway..it's getting cold here :)

carmelo
10-18-2005, 05:45 AM
i was sleeping :D as u can see ended around 5am and i woke up 12 noon :D

my temps never go higher than 35c° anyway..it's getting cold here :)

Ahh alright .. I ran both and I noticed temps were cooler, than when I ran just S&M on its own.

Also, does any one know if S&M 1.7 is better than 1.7.5? Only reason why I ask is the cpu test on the 1.7 is a littler over an hour, the new one is about 20 minutes. You would think the longer test would offer better results rite? I can pass the 30 minute occt test, but fail it after 2 hours or something ...

AAdjuster
11-05-2005, 01:16 AM
I tried searching for it, but unable to find any threads that say anything about the ability to have S&M loop it self. It def. does the job with heating up the CPU. So far the only program that makes my comp see 42c temps so I'd like to see if I can loop it. On the CPU test it takes a little over an hour to do the long test. I'm tring some burn in, and seeing if what I am doing is actually working, and I think S&M will easily show me if what I'm doing is working or not. So if any one knows a way to loop it that would be great. I want to set it up to go for 24 hours at 12am, so I have 30 minutes to figure it out, or find something else that will stress out the CPU that much, and no I don't want to use prime.

Actually on the wizard page of S&M 1.7.5 it shows a looping option now.

It says-Loop (All tests work cyclically) :)

Twisted-net
11-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Oh gonna test that out.
Until now I loop prime95 for about 8h to see if I'm stable.
Would be nice to check that with s&m instead. :)

|SiLA|
11-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Oh gonna test that out.
Until now I loop prime95 for about 8h to see if I'm stable.
Would be nice to check that with s&m instead. :)

i confirm dl'd it this morning and it does have loop now..but why we can't loop the long test mode?hehe

carmelo
11-05-2005, 11:34 AM
i confirm dl'd it this morning and it does have loop now..but why we can't loop the long test mode?hehe

No need to loop long when you can loop for how ever long as you want it to run. Did you download 1.7.5 from the russian site? I'm not at home so I won't be able to check this out till Sunday afternoon.

|SiLA|
11-05-2005, 12:11 PM
No need to loop long when you can loop for how ever long as you want it to run. Did you download 1.7.5 from the russian site? I'm not at home so I won't be able to check this out till Sunday afternoon.

i think so but i've google'd it :D

AAdjuster
11-06-2005, 03:05 PM
I downloaded it from Benchmark HQ.

They keep the S&M versions updated on their site pretty well.

http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_cpu.html