PDA

View Full Version : Who's sick of Microsoft Windows activation??

charlie
01-06-2003, 10:34 PM
I am!
I call Microsoft to activate my WinXP copy like every few weeks because I swap Hardware or re-install my Windows...
And EVERY time you have to go through that 122 NUMBER cr*p
and waiting on hold.
BUT worst of all, They interrogate you:
(In my best Gestapo accent)
"Have you activated this copy of Windows before sir?"

"Yes Ma'am I have."

(Inquisitive, but slightly suspicious)
"Why are you calling today for another activation code?"

"Well I change Hardware a lot and re-install my Windows"

(Trying to trick me)
"How many computers do you have this program installed on?"

"Just one Ma'am."

(Interrogatory tone)
"Where did you aquire this copy of Windows XP sir?"

"I received it as a gift"

(Aggressive tone)
"Do you know where it was purchased?"

"No Ma'am"

(Conciliatory tone)
"Here's your code sir" [end of phone call]

Every time guys, I swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C

Wolf
01-07-2003, 12:57 AM
You have to activate office also LOL. I've never activated that crap and never will. I use ghost so I don't even have to reinstall it after I install it once. Since you already own it, download the devils own version and use this link.

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=guide&dId=350

No more stupid activation.

IFMU
01-07-2003, 07:24 AM
Heh, then yea oughtta love this.
Thread on AthlonXP (http://www.athlonxp.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8244)
Link to story (http://www.tech-report.com/onearticle.x/4553)

Aaron
01-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Hey, why was my post deleted?

Aaron

Crazymofo
01-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Prolly because you boosted about piracy which is a no no on Xtreme.

Aaron
01-08-2003, 04:56 PM
No, I didn't. I didn't say a thing about piracy.

Aaron

Keeper
01-08-2003, 05:27 PM
I Admin. on another message board, we don't even allow the "W" word to be printed there. My feeling is, it is the same here.

Aaron
01-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Alright, I understand that. However, I never said a word about any of that. All I said was that office xp pro was a pita becuase I have to unistall it and reinstall it 3 times a year. I take it off between semeters and in the summer to make room for games. Every time, I have to reactivate it, becuase it's a LEGIT copy to which I hold the the COA and license. If if were not, I would not have that problem and therefore would not be complaining. Come to think of it, it makes it that much worse that I do have to jump through all those hoops to install legit software, when all someone with a hack has to do is run there little crack/patch ect...

I never said anything about hackz/crackz/warez or any of that crap. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned untill that link (wich followed my post).

I'm not overly upset, just curious why a mod would have done that. I read the rules reguarding posting, and am certain that I was well with in them. If not, let me know what I did and I'll try to avoid it in the future.

Maybe deleting my post was an honest mistake, or a hardware/software error. Like I said, Im not overly worried about it, just curious why it happened.

Aaron

Crazymofo
01-09-2003, 10:20 AM
I was just making an assumption I did not even see your post, sorry if I upset you!:)

Hardass
01-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Aaron:)

If a pm was not sent to you regarding your post it was most likely just a glich that deleted it. Sorry for the inconvience.

Aaron
01-09-2003, 05:53 PM
Cool, no pm. Must have been an error, the wierd thing is that it was there one minute and gone the next. Anyway, I hope I didn't come off as being pissed, I really wasn't.

Aaron:toast:

lvcircuit
01-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Guess ive been luckly, I've replaced my cpu, mobo, memory, vid card, sound card, and network card and have yet to go through a reactivation with xp. I've reinstalled the os three times I think as well.

Ulfar
01-12-2003, 07:36 AM
im guessin u have home edition no ??

lvcircuit
01-12-2003, 07:57 AM
I have pro.

Ulfar
01-13-2003, 03:26 PM
well crap, i have pro and i dont have to reactivate, but i do have corp edition.

Aaron
01-13-2003, 03:39 PM
Yeah, you never have to renew corp edition. Could you imagine what a pain it would be to activate 500 copies at a time

Aaron

videobruce
01-27-2003, 08:32 PM
I will stick with 2k

No product activation, and with SP3 I feel it is as up to date as XP is!