PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference between 2yr old AS5 and new AS5?

Entropy1982
10-13-2005, 07:09 PM
The reason i'm asking is.... my friend has 2 yr old stuff... but i also have stuff coming on monday. He was going to come up to my dorm to help me out (that's the only day he can make it) with putting together the comp. I guess you see where this is going :) .... I can either do it myself with the new stuff or just use my friends stuff. If there is any difference in temps at all i'll wait a couple days.

Thanks

xtrempinoy
10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
as long as it wasn't exposed to any air, i don't think there will be any problems at all.

mikead_99
10-14-2005, 06:15 AM
I know AS recomends storing the tube upright because over time the compound seperates. (The heavier stuff settles out of the lighter liquid) They claim that it works just as well if this happens, but you will want to make sure what you use is not just the liquid. If it was stored upright, only the thick compound would come out since the liquid is up top and you won't have to worry about it at all, but if not, you will want to watch that you aren't just squirting the suspension liquid and not the TIM onto your chip.