PDA

View Full Version : X800xt Pe Drivers Wont Install

steiner666
10-12-2005, 04:30 PM
had a sapphire x800xt pe that wasnt overlocking right so i ordered a replacement. When i plug this in and start it up windows cant find the driver for it, and this card came with no disks. The first card (which is the exact same thing) was detected just fine as a vga adapter then i installed the most recent catalyst driver form ati.com and it ran fine, but this card isnt. I try runnin the driver install from ATI and it gives INF error and says it couldnt detect card and to set up the card with VGA adapter driver first, but i cant. SO i manually selected the driver for x800xt pe and then the secondary one and the card is running and all, but not QUITE as fast as the other one. and in ATITool there isnt a temperature reading anymore or an option to put it up in teh settings. Can anyone help me? I feel like such a noob. I cant get windows to install driver for "display adapter (vga compatible)" so that i can run the ati setup.

steiner666
10-12-2005, 06:16 PM
I jsut formatted and reinstalled Win XP Pro w/ SP2 and its DOING THE SAME DAMN THING!

drcrawn
10-13-2005, 12:20 PM
When windows detects new hardware, make sure you cancel every single request to automatically install drivers. After you cancel all of them, download and run the latest Catalyst driver 5.10 install. www.ati.com

steiner666
10-13-2005, 03:23 PM
I really really wish that worked. It has for every other ATI card I've bought, but not with this one. It has something to do with it being an OEM, or maybe just a problem with it and thats why it was *refurbished*. Either way, it doesnt matter. I wised up, forked over the extra hundred dollars, and ordered an Xtasy X850XT PE *RETAIL*. Just hope that IT doesnt have the problems these card have been having.
NEVER buy refurbished graphics cards, 2/3 times they have been deffective in some shape or form in my experience.

mtx
10-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Try removing the card, booting with another card, then putting the ATI back in there.