PDA

View Full Version : Networked DSL having problems on one comptuer, error loading some pages and images..

ThePunkerGuy
01-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Ok, here's the deal. I am using an Alcatel Speed Touch Home (upgraded to Pro) ADSL modem running PPP to connect all my comptuers to my dsl line. The modem is hooked to my 8 port switch. I have all my computer using it just fine (most computers have xp on them, and one with windows 2000). I set them all to use 192.168.0.XXX IP addresses and subnet mask 255.255.255.0, and i set the modem as 192.168.0.99. I set all the computer to use Gateway: 192.168.0.99 and then i set my primary and alternate dns to what they are suppost to be for my isp. For some reason, the computer with 2000 has some little problems sometime. Like.. page not found (when i know it is, and it works on my other comps) and sometimes like images wont be displayed.. they will be xed out when they work fine on all other comptuer. If ya have any ideas let me know.. thanks..
- Mike

Smizack
01-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Moved to Internet/Networking

BTW, does your 2k machine have the correct Ip if you do a Winipcfg?
If so, try ipconfig/flushdns

Tweaked!
01-13-2003, 05:40 AM
You could also try tweaking the latency settings in the registry. Here's a decent guide to that: Cable/dsl guide (http://cable-dsl.home.att.net/). There's a small download about a quarter of the way down that page located in a box called method 2 for Increasing tcp receive window, the download is named " set_rwin.vbs". It allows you to maximize the latency of packet receiving. Should boost your speed and timing out.:)