PDA

View Full Version : Official XtremeSystems 3D CONTEST INFO HERE!

charlie
10-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Well it looks like it's time for another AWESOME contest here at Xtremesystems.org... details:

GRAND PRIZE Nventiv Mach 2 CPU Cooler MODIFIED by Chilly1, Xtremesystems.org's own phase change GURU

SECOND PRIZE OCZ VX4000 DDR 2 x 512mB kit

Description:

This is a 3D benchmarking contest using Futuremark 3DMark 2005 version 1.2.0. The goal of the contest is to submit a completed 3DMark 2005 score to an "entry" thread to match an unknown secret score (magic number) that has been pre-selected by Xtremesystems.org 3D Team Captain (me).

The Magic Number:
The unknown secret score will be between 2000-6000 Marks.

Starting date:
October 10, 2005

Enter HERE: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1077644#post1077644

Ending date:
Halloween, boooh! October 31, 2005

Specifics:
All entrants will be allowed to submit 2 (two) different screenshots! So go ahead and try to "bracket" the secret score!!

Winner:
The winner will be the entrant who submits a score CLOSEST to the "magic Number". In the event of a tie, two submissions of the same score, the first posted will be the winner. In the event of a tie between two entrants, one equally higher and one lower than the "Magic Number", the first posted will be the winner.

GOOD LUCK!!

Charlie-XtremeSystems 3D Team Captain

MORE RULES

The start date of this contest is October 10, 2005, and the contest ends on October 31, 2005. In order to be eligible you must meet a few guidelines:

Eligibility

- Contestant must use 3DMark '05 Build 1.2.0
- Contestant must be a registered Xtreme Systems forum member
- If contestant is involved in any ordeal resulting in ban, contestant will be disqualified.
- No submissions will be accepted after the contest ending.

If any contestants are caught cheating, they will be immediately disqualified and banned from Xtreme Systems forums. Xtreme Systems moderators and staff members are not eligable to win this contest.

Contest

The Xtreme Systems 3DMark '05 Contest is configured so that nearly anyone can win, regardless if they have a top of the line system, or if they have a mid-range system.

The two closest submissions to a randomly selected score will be declared as winners. The randomly chosen score will be between 2000 - 6000 points in 3DMark '05. Once the contest date has ended, we will announce the two submissions closest to the randomly chosen 3DMark '05 score. These two members will each receive a prize.

charlie
10-11-2005, 07:58 AM
To add a CLARIFICATION....

You may edit your submissions as much as you wish.

When the contest concludes, the thread will be closed and moved to an area where it can be examined to find the winner.

So if you're not comfortable with your submissions, TRY AGAIN!!

C

Vapor
10-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Out of curiosity....I've seen a few submissions by people where both guesses are VERY similar....can they win both prizes if their two guesses are the closest? :D

charlie
10-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Out of curiosity....I've seen a few submissions by people where both guesses are VERY similar....can they win both prizes if their two guesses are the closest? :D

If two people guess the same numbers or are the same number away from the magic number, the FIRST member who posted the number will win.

C

Vapor
10-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Sorry for the confusing wording, I'm not asking that, here's it a little clearer.....say the correct number is (I'll pick one out of the range for the purpose of this example) 10000 and PersonA picks 9999 and 10001 as their two guesses and the next best guess is by PersonB at 10050, does PersonA get both prizes?

I've noticed a few people whose two guesses are very close to each other.

charlie
10-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Sorry for the confusing wording, I'm not asking that, here's it a little clearer.....say the correct number is (I'll pick one out of the range for the purpose of this example) 10000 and PersonA picks 9999 and 10001 as their two guesses and the next best guess is by PersonB at 10050, does PersonA get both prizes?

I've noticed a few people whose two guesses are very close to each other.

Well, we hadn't taken that into account... but I'll just say it NOW then, "Only ONE prize per person".

But I highly DOUBT ;) That is going to happen.

C