PDA

View Full Version : G.Skill Europe RMA policy & procedures

kakaroto
10-09-2005, 10:36 AM
G.SKILL RMA Policy & Procedures
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULY BEFORE RMA, AVOID INSATISFACTION!

RMA conditions

GS-PO1. The RMA number must be prominently displayed only on the shipping label of boxes containing returned goods.

GS-PO2. Your address must be prominently displayed only on the shipping label of boxes containing returned goods.

GS-PO3. Returned goods must be shipped freight prepaid in their original boxes and packing material.

GS-PO4. G.Skill International Enterprise Ltd. is not responsible for lost or damaged packages.

GS-PO5. A copy of your packing list/invoice must accompany all returned Products.

GS-PO6. Make sure the product you send is complete! G.Skill International Enterprise Ltd only exchange complete products. Currently no cross-shipping service available.

GS-PO7. Don’t send unannounced products without RMA number, these will not be accepted and will be returned!

GS-PO8. All RMA cases will be expired after 30 days.

GS-PO9. Make sure the product is 100% defective before RMA, wrong installed memory (e.g. end-users mistakes) or memory turned out not be defective will be returned and charged with administration costs. Please also send a problem description to get shorter RMA time.

How to get a RMA number?

1) Fill in the RMA form. You can download the form at: http://www.gskill.com/support.html and email this to rma@gskill.com.

2) Always give the product description and serial number.

3) The G.SKILL RMA department will reply your request within 24 hours.
If you have any questions you can email:eurotech@gskill.com
When I got my RMA number, what more do I need to do?

When you received the e-mail from our RMA department with an RMA number (UR207xxx) you will then receive an RMA confirmation from our department within 48 hours with further instructions. Please wait for that e-mail. If you haven’t received the confirmation e-mail, please contact eurotech@gskill.com.

Where do I need to send my memory?

When you received the confirmation e-mail from our RMA department you can ship your memory to the following address:

G.SKILL Europe RMA & Tech
Hogeweg 199A
4382RH Vlissingen
Zeeland
The Netherlands

“your RMA number”

1) Always put the RMA number on the package.
2) Always send a short problem description.
3) Don’t forget putting the RMA number on the package.

nn_step
11-14-2005, 10:41 PM
the http://www.gskill.com/RMApolicy.html link doesn't work

kakaroto
11-15-2005, 01:58 AM
the http://www.gskill.com/RMApolicy.html link doesn't work

fixed :)

nn_step
11-15-2005, 02:35 PM
One question what is the RMA policy if it takes 2.9V for my G.Skill FX to run 2-2-2-5 1T stock?

kakaroto
11-15-2005, 02:37 PM
One question what is the RMA policy if it takes 2.9V for my G.Skill FX to run 2-2-2-5 1T stock?

It should not be right. If you need voltage for stock speeds that is beyond stock voltages, you should RMA them.
Often they are bad kits.

nn_step
11-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Under stood, will RMA now...

leejsmith
12-18-2005, 06:13 AM
One my of F1-3200dsu2-1gbla sticks just died i bought them 2nd hand can i still get it replaced.
S/N 0502001463 or 62 will have to test them again.
thanks

Lee

BLHealthy4life
12-29-2005, 09:13 PM
I have a few 2nd hand sticks that have decided to go bad on me after a long time.

I do not understand why a reciept is needed to RMA....regardless of how the sticks were obtained, they were mfg'ed by G.Skill and should be replaced if defective at anytime during their lifetime.

kakaroto
12-30-2005, 03:41 AM
One my of F1-3200dsu2-1gbla sticks just died i bought them 2nd hand can i still get it replaced.
S/N 0502001463 or 62 will have to test them again.
thanks

Lee

Yes, you can RMA your memory. Even if you bought it 2nd hand, the lifetime warranty still counts.

I have a few 2nd hand sticks that have decided to go bad on me after a long time.

I do not understand why a reciept is needed to RMA....regardless of how the sticks were obtained, they were mfg'ed by G.Skill and should be replaced if defective at anytime during their lifetime.

A receipt is not needed. Just what I already said to Leejsmith, you can RMA.

leejsmith
12-30-2005, 09:48 AM
i have an rma number and alice was very helpfull. Would of sent it back but decided to wait until after new year so it's not sitting around.

Thanks.

Yes, you can RMA your memory. Even if you bought it 2nd hand, the lifetime warranty still counts.

A receipt is not needed. Just what I already said to Leejsmith, you can RMA.

.sentinel
01-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Okay I bought some a 1GB GBZX kit from Newegg. In Memtest Test #5 it gets 88944 errors and I am unable to install my OS. Who would I RMA it to. Newegg or You guys?

GSKILL TECH
01-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Okay I bought some a 1GB GBZX kit from Newegg. In Memtest Test #5 it gets 88944 errors and I am unable to install my OS. Who would I RMA it to. Newegg or You guys?
NewEgg will be better

.sentinel
01-09-2006, 02:34 PM
K thanks.

eviLRuLeZ
01-17-2006, 12:30 PM
to sum up, do we need an invoice and the original package in order to get a memory kit replaced?

GSKILL TECH
01-18-2006, 09:46 AM
if you have the invoice and original package that would be good! but if not is ok

FischOderAal
06-17-2006, 03:25 AM
soon I will be an owner of F2-6400PHU2-2GBNS and I just wanted to ask whether your lifetime warranty is valid in Germany as well? I've looked on your german website but haven't found anything like the "RMA Policy" of your english website.

there's one email address: rma@gskill.de . will I get the needed RMA-number there (if I ever need to)?

and further more, the links in your Guide aren't up to date. seems like G.Skill updated their Website.

it's unbelievable for a a normal german like me that there are technicians of one firm in a forum to advice and help their customers!

would be very nice to see something like this in german forums as well!

Krimi 2000
08-14-2006, 11:44 PM
I have one simple question.
When i buy G.skill in USA, can i RMA this memory in Europe?
Thank you for your answer.

oasked
08-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Yes you can, I just have with a set of PC4400 LE's.

GrimReaper
09-05-2006, 03:11 AM
I am from India, I want to know if g.skill will honor the warranty if i have any problems?

I am going to buy some 2GBHZ from the US :woot:

Budwise
01-05-2007, 04:53 PM
well, my 2GBHZ seem to have gone bad.... I hope Gskill will cross ship (with a cc # collateral) like OCZ has done for me in the past...

Battle_Rattle
03-17-2007, 07:58 PM
well, my 2GBHZ seem to have gone bad.... I hope Gskill will cross ship (with a cc # collateral) like OCZ has done for me in the past...

One of the sticks in my pc8000 HZ went bad as well ... Buswise did they cross ship with the credit card as collateral and did you follow the procedure above?

EDIT: Also, that link doesn't work again

Budwise
03-17-2007, 09:19 PM
unfortunately Gskill does not cross ship like OCZ does. Instead i bought some Crucial DDR2 1000 and am running them at DDR2 800 3-3-3-8 2.25v. I sold the Gskill when i finally got em back...

an0nym0us
04-10-2007, 10:43 PM
i was wondering if you guys can PM me the link for RMA as your link doesn't work.

insert coin
10-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Hello, I got few questions about RMA. I apologize if the answers can already be found here, my english is not perfect.
I sent an RMA today for a "broken" memory stick and i'm currently waiting an answer from G.skill.

-I live in france, how long will it take to replace my stick ?

-The other stick (package of two) still works, do you you expect me to send it to you anyway ? Would be great if no, as I need my pc for work and don't have any replacement stick in the meantime.

"if you have the invoice and original package that would be good! but if not is ok"

Hope so ;) Because I don't have the package anymore.

Thx

Frostybyte
12-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Hello,

I am in New Zealand and I need to RMA my G.skill "HZ". Please reply with a working link to the RMA form, thankyou!

Luke

JohnnyV
12-30-2007, 12:27 AM
After one of the 2 sticks died on me I returned them to the shop exactly 1 month ago. Still no new modules for me :(

Webshop is saying they send my modules together with other modules to Germany and theyr'e waiting for new sticks to be sent. Thank god I have replacing memory otherwise I would be really angry.

Leeghoofd
12-30-2007, 02:58 AM
I contacted Gskill europe with my filled in RMA form ( to be found on the website ) They are (were ) based in your country !!!!
Believe me the webshop will have caused a delay as they waited for enough RMA's, stuff to send to... I got a reply 2 days later that they Gskill were sorry I had an issue with the ram and I got my RMA number... thing is and it's clearly stated on the packaging that YOU have to do the RMA for best efficiency AT YOUR COST ofcourse (shipping)... I got my new HZ kit after 2 weeks...

Same deal with monitors, printers etc... if you cannot swap it at your pc shop do it yaself... this is one reason I still prefer to have contact with the salesman at a shop and not only via webpages...

|SiLA|
06-19-2008, 01:16 PM
when it'll be available again rma for europeans?

|SiLA|
06-25-2008, 11:31 PM
bump

GSKILL TECH
06-27-2008, 08:04 AM
i really don't know. i don't have any right to answer this question actually. but i will ask Taipei

|SiLA|
07-27-2008, 03:20 AM
no news yet when it'll be available again rma gskill for europeans?

|SiLA|
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
no news yet?or someone i can ask to and get some answer since you can't give me(with no offense) :)

SwIeRsZcZ
08-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Hello ! I am stayin in Europe and recently have sent my memory G.skill ddr3 pi black on RMA to Taipei (Taiwan) . I have already contacted with G.skill and my memory had been delivered succesfully and replacement will be send back this week . and here is my questions: Does anyone know if they send them back via UPS , FedeX or other courier ?? Thanx for info .

|SiLA|
08-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Hello ! I am stayin in Europe and recently have sent my memory G.skill ddr3 pi black on RMA to Taipei (Taiwan) . I have already contacted with G.skill and my memory had been delivered succesfully and replacement will be send back this week . and here is my questions: Does anyone know if they send them back via UPS , FedeX or other courier ?? Thanx for info .

fedex(the local, our local is SDA) and you have to pay the custom which sucks badly :mad:

Eeky NoX
04-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Yep true same for me here in the Comoro Islands in the Indian OCean (Mayotte depending from France Rep.)

I just burned a stick of Perfect Storm 2x2gb PC17066 C8 a couple of days :( ...after only 1month and a half being using them :/

The system (EVGA P55 FTW + i5 750) seems to run normal now without the broken stick.
But being using the GSkill Cooler and never have set the vDimm over the specs (1,65v)
I'm worried about this issue and wanna know if that can come from a bad serie or else oO

Thank you
EeKy NoX

Hampti
06-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Hello. I've here a Kit of the good old F1-3200BWU2-1GBGH 512MB with UTT-BH5 and no chance to get them run on different boards so they have a defect. So my question: The BH-5 would be not produced today so which Rams do i get instead of them?

GSKILL TECH
06-21-2010, 09:36 AM
This would most likely be the replacement

F1-3200PHU1-1GBZX

Thank you
GSKILL TECH

Hampti
06-22-2010, 12:55 PM
One Set? Or only one Dimm?

GSKILL TECH
06-24-2010, 08:31 AM
That is a single DIMM kit.

Thank you
GSKILL TECH

|SiLA|
07-20-2010, 01:10 AM
there's still no Europe support for GSkill defective products?Now I have 4(four) bad kits :shakes:

GSKILL TECH
07-20-2010, 08:17 AM
You can send it to our Taiwan office, turn around time is fairly quick.

Thank you
GSKILL TECH