PDA

View Full Version : replacing PCP&C 510w fan (noise!)

Ewok
10-09-2005, 02:18 AM
Basically I bought a Seasonic S12 600w to replace my PCP&C 510w because i was sick to death of the noise whenever the fan speeds up.

However the seasonic, although completely silent, has lower wattage ratings on the rails than the PCP&C does, has no -5v line so my ocz booster lcd doesnt work, has lower than desired rails (11.795, 4.81 and 3.18), and the vdimm seems to fluctuate from 3.3 idle all over the place between 3.3 and 3.1 under load on my P4C800-E deluxe. It does this when measuring off the mb and off the ocz booster (and the mb uses 3.3v line, ocz booster uses 5v line so somethig strange is going on!!). I havent yet had a chance to test this with the PCP&C to see if it fluctuates too.

Basically im looking at replacing the PCP&C fan now to maybe go back to that instead but i need something thats damn quiet and that wont fry the psu due to too low cfm.

The fan in the PCP&C is a Nidec BETA SL D08T - 12PU which i can find no information about at all.

so i need suggestions on the bestest low noise high cfm 80mm fan so i can stick it in there. i know of papst/panaflo but if someone can provide exact model numbers or maybe another brand thats as good or better?

AKURA
10-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Well your PcP&C 510W is designed to have a fan that pushes a lot of air due to the components being jammed pack inside. Here's what I would do to it if you find a blue thermistor on the hs. Replace it with a 10K Ohm variable resistor/Pot. Place it to hole for easy access and you can tune down the fan instead of replacing it. :)

Ewok
10-10-2005, 12:44 PM
well it doesnt seem to be pushing a lot of air when i put my hand near it, just making a lot of noise so im wondering what other people have done

AKURA
10-10-2005, 04:26 PM
You can probably replaced it with this Panaflo Ultra (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/pa80ulhisp.html)

But like I said from the beginning. The fan is thermally controlled. It will only push air if you put enough load to the psu causing it to heat up and makes the fan spins faster.

You need to find the thermistor to control the fan and replace it with a pot so you can tune it up when your gaming and tune it down when your not doing anything....But imo, that panaflo will be much more quiet than the nidec beta on low rpms..... :)

Dave in Daytona
10-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Basically I bought a Seasonic S12 600w to replace my PCP&C 510w because i was sick to death of the noise whenever the fan speeds up.

However the seasonic, although completely silent, has lower wattage ratings on the rails than the PCP&C does, has no -5v line so my ocz booster lcd doesnt work, has lower than desired rails (11.795, 4.81 and 3.18), and the vdimm seems to fluctuate from 3.3 idle all over the place between 3.3 and 3.1 under load on my P4C800-E deluxe. It does this when measuring off the mb and off the ocz booster (and the mb uses 3.3v line, ocz booster uses 5v line so somethig strange is going on!!). I havent yet had a chance to test this with the PCP&C to see if it fluctuates too.

Basically im looking at replacing the PCP&C fan now to maybe go back to that instead but i need something thats damn quiet and that wont fry the psu due to too low cfm.

The fan in the PCP&C is a Nidec BETA SL D08T - 12PU which i can find no information about at all.

so i need suggestions on the bestest low noise high cfm 80mm fan so i can stick it in there. i know of papst/panaflo but if someone can provide exact model numbers or maybe another brand thats as good or better?You are of course an idiot! USE A DMM & the railas are adjustable! :slapass: :fact: :nono: