PDA

View Full Version : Broken PSU fan

Vince2005
10-09-2005, 01:26 AM
The exhaut fan on my power supply has broken it cracked in the middle and I'm wondering if its safe to run it?
Theres another fan but I dunno if its enough I haven't put it under load and its running stock.

kiwi
10-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Why not open it and change fan? Or RMA it if it still has warranty.

Vince2005
10-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Why not open it and change fan? Or RMA it if it still has warranty.
Warrenty is gone but is it true when you unplug the power supply and push the power buttion it will drain all of the stored power in the high voltage capaistores?
If not I'm going to maybe get a new one becasue I don't wanna die by trying to fix a fan.

benny670
10-09-2005, 05:02 AM
well if you now what you are doing once i have replced a fan in my psu and it easy but remmber not to touch any thing else expect for the fan but if you new to just buy a new one

AKURA
10-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Warrenty is gone but is it true when you unplug the power supply and push the power buttion it will drain all of the stored power in the high voltage capaistores?
If not I'm going to maybe get a new one becasue I don't wanna die by trying to fix a fan.

Yup it does drain all the power. :) Just leave the psu on the table for 5-10min for preparation ofcourse :D . You can put your hands all over that psu internals such caps/hs and you won't get zapped. Not unless you forgot to unplug the cable from the unit :D Open the unit and replace the dead fan and your set :slapass:

Dave in Daytona
10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Given your avartar, what doyou care? Heaven awaits!

Unplug, pushthe "power on" button a few time & who knows you might survive! :clap: