PDA

View Full Version : Does this do any thing

mukmaster
10-08-2005, 10:28 AM
I being the noob I am was removing the heatsink form my chipset and i found a capasitor stuck to the heatsink on the trmal greese and then I turned my pc on every part of it works fine

my question is there any chance there will be a performance loss as my systems is hindered enoufgh.

mtb856
10-08-2005, 10:41 AM
was it a capacitor off your northbridge or just from the board around the chip? I would imagine that there will be some effect of losing the cap, but it may not be noticeable..... it could be like the cpus that have a resistor torn off and continue to function and overclock the same.

mtb856
10-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I'd bet the difference in superpi is just a normal % error in running the program..... I'd imagine if you ran it a few times you'd be around the same time that you had before.

Tedinde
10-08-2005, 12:30 PM
What board do you have. Take a pic and post and maybe someone on here already has a pic up of it to compare. Do a search. Your lucky it's still working. I've had 2 pins off a P4 and it still worked fine, no errors. And a small chip off a P4 missing and no problems.

I had a tiny one off a board once. It still worked fine till i soldered it back on. Then the board worked no more.