PDA

View Full Version : Sound card guide

Vince2005
10-07-2005, 08:33 PM
I was wondering if someone could make a guide to what sound cards are good because I couldn't find anything about what sound card to buy.I think it would also help other people with the same question.

IFMU
10-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Moved to Hardware > General Hardware > Sound Cards & Audio products
Nice idea, would be nice if someone would take up this task.

nn_step
10-09-2005, 07:12 PM
too many variables..
sound quality, Volume, Price, CPU utilization, bandwidth utilization, availibity, ease of use, and compatability..
Unless you want something simple...

mtx
10-16-2005, 05:58 PM
There'es no question the best one is X-Fi right now, it gives around 15 more FPS In games due to less CPU utilization.

cetoole
10-16-2005, 06:55 PM
There'es no question the best one is X-Fi right now, it gives around 15 more FPS In games due to less CPU utilization.
That only means that it is the best for gaming, which it currently seems to be. For sound quality, recording, flexability of inputs/outputs, it is not the best.

nn_step
10-16-2005, 07:55 PM
only for windows Gaming, hell it wont even make a sound in Linux...

Aguanteboca
10-25-2005, 09:46 AM
That only means that it is the best for gaming, which it currently seems to be. For sound quality, recording, flexability of inputs/outputs, it is not the best.
Is by far the best balance between gaming and musical features. I love it. My vortex 2 and Audigy 2 cant even compare.