PDA

View Full Version : If you're thinking about it and it isn't already too late DON'T get a fatal1ty sli mb

Ampz
10-05-2005, 08:20 PM
This mb gives problems with its own drivers. I had it for a lil while now and I was getting booted from games with driver conflict messages etc sometimes to desktop sometimes full system reboot (the comp would click and there i went rebooting). I figure since I updated alot of drivers (vid card, nforce4, etc.) the old drivers were giving me a problem, I know how to fix this! I would just reformat and reinstall OS drivers from fatal1ty disk, dl newest for vid card and it would work perfect right? Wrong! Fresh OS install, what do I do next? I want to get my eithernet online I install all my nforce4 drivers and it asks me if i wanna reboot do I? I do but only ONCE, this isn't what abit had planned! I reboot get in and im about to install othr drivers (video, audio) what happens when I get rdy to do so? Instant reboot, I try to let it load back into windows, it gets to the load screen and right as its about to go to desktop it reboots again! I go into safe mode and the pc runs perfectly. I rly wish I got an epox I had one before and they are great imo. I posted this info on the abit boards and hope I get a response on how to fix this problem. I have no idea how their own drivers fail like this! Thanks for listning to me QQ :mad:

Absolute_0
10-05-2005, 08:41 PM
I was getting booted from games with driver conflict messages etc sometimes to desktop sometimes full system reboot (the comp would click and there i went rebooting).

This must be why it's the ultimate gaming motherboard :banana:

Stupid fatal1ty products :nono:

4rory
10-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Marketing.

chew*
10-06-2005, 02:23 AM
the problem is most likely your ram and most likely you are forcing a 1t command rate where as there are numerous posts stating that very few have had any luck running at 1t command rate. I would suggest trying 2t before blaming drivers. I'm also willing to bet that your rig is prolly not 100% prime stable.If its not prime stable its prolly not game stable and that geil ram you are using is tccd which is very finicky on the abit board so finicky that i ditched it for a more reliable 2 gig kit of OCZ platinums. Post up a 24 hour screenie of large fft prime and then i will help you fix the issue. If you cant post a 24 hour stable prime well then you have found the problem........I also dont understand if you cant even boot windows properly with all drivers installed then why are you even OCed and how the heck do you know if its stable.......

situman
10-06-2005, 05:24 AM
1T or 2T or whatevers. It's a problem ABIT never fixed. I tried three AN8s and they all sucked. Gave up on them as a whole. Let's see how their AT8 does. I doubt it will do any better.

carmelo
10-06-2005, 06:14 AM
the problem is most likely your ram and most likely you are forcing a 1t command rate where as there are numerous posts stating that very few have had any luck running at 1t command rate. I would suggest trying 2t before blaming drivers. I'm also willing to bet that your rig is prolly not 100% prime stable.If its not prime stable its prolly not game stable and that geil ram you are using is tccd which is very finicky on the abit board so finicky that i ditched it for a more reliable 2 gig kit of OCZ platinums. Post up a 24 hour screenie of large fft prime and then i will help you fix the issue. If you cant post a 24 hour stable prime well then you have found the problem........I also dont understand if you cant even boot windows properly with all drivers installed then why are you even OCed and how the heck do you know if its stable.......

People give prime a bit too much credit sometimes. From what I have seen, as long as I am at least an hour roughly to 2 hours prime stable I'll be able to play video games for at least that time period. Not saying being prime stable isnt important, its sometimes annoying getting it to work rite, but when it does, you know your problem isnt CPU based, or system based, or both depending on what your testing.

Good point though, if your having stability problems, you shoudnt try figuring out your driver issues at the same time, one thing at a time. Get the OS running first with any OC, then move onto OCing and go from there.

My DFI board and oldy NewCastle would do the same thing. Get to windows, Id click log in, it would restart. I would run 3d mark, restart. It also seemed VERY dependant on what cpu voltage I was running at. If I were too low, it woudnt error out at first, just restart. If I was too high it would do the same. When my memory wasn't perfectly stable, it would do the same jazz. The memory issue seemed to be the HTT on the CPU. So I would take your OC off, get some fresh drivers in there and see if you keep having those issues. Being prime stable, yes its a good thing, but not the most important. I find that running OCCT to check to see if your stable at all is a good idea, then running other programs can weed out a good OC from not sometimes. Running 3d mark for me alone will crash the system if its unstable (05 and 03). Sometimes much quicker than prime. Every one has there way of doing things, just happens to be minel. Good luck though

uOpt
10-06-2005, 07:56 AM
Abit lost me when they started connecting the temperature sensors to their proprietary "uGuru" chip so that you are guaranteed not to be able to read them from your own software (be it Linux or Windows that delivers over a TCP socket etc).

All that while they actuall have a normal Winbond chip that do the same thing fine already on the boards (and it used for voltage monitoring).

Plywood99
10-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Well, having owned a Ultra D and now this An8sli, I give the nod to the Abit board. It is far more stable than what I could achieve on the Ultra D. If Abit would iron out the 1t timing issue this board would be close to perfect.

By stable I mean Prime stable and game stable for an absolute minimum of 1 to 2 days. I run my Abit system at 300*9, memory 1to1 2T 2.5,4,3,8 all day every day. I could not get the Dfi stable for a period longer than a few hours.