PDA

View Full Version : Need LINKS folks! for custom H20 cooler

hundasport
01-05-2003, 03:12 PM
I already have an intank pump and planning to create a container...

Here's what I need:

1. links to the cheapest and small size radiators on the planet, with regards to good quality and flow.

2. links to the cheapest blocks...swiftechs are nice and stuff, but whats the cheapest...w/o linking

Thanx a bunch!!

FishaOfMen
01-05-2003, 08:13 PM
I can tell you that the cheapest, small-size radiator you'll find will be a heater core from a car ... and they work awesome. Last week, I special ordered two 1987 Chevy Chevette heater cores (6"x6"x2") for $18.66 a piece at Pep Boys. It requires a little work, though: cutting off the inlet and outlet pipes (dremel or hacksaw), boring holes (drill), threading some barbed hose fittings in, and sealing it up (solder, silicon, JB weld). If you want it done for you, you can pick one up at www.dangerden.com, www.aquastealth.com or www.dtekcustoms.com for something like $35.

As for the waterblock, the cheapest ones can be found at aquastealth.com. They've got one for the Socket A that's $15.00. I have my doubts as to how well it will work, though. I'll also PM you about something I have that may interest you.

Edit: Just make sure you get matching metals for the waterblock and rad! That is, copper block and rad with copper pipes or both with aluminum. Copper + Aluminum = the Battery Effect, which leads to your copper corroding. This is bad.

hundasport
01-05-2003, 08:33 PM
thnx...i appreciate the links and pointers..

the dangerden link didn't work though...

VEG
01-06-2003, 12:31 PM
you need to remove the comma from the end of the dangerden link for it to work :)