PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Prometeia

Nohto
01-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Ok, I am having a serious problem with my Prom. When I go to start the comp, if it does start that is the Prometeia won't release the reset switch so it technically never posts. Most of the time if I push the power button I get nothing. If I take the power button leads off and put them back on it starts for about 5 sec then it turns off. If I remove the power button leads and jump it out it starts up fine but it still won't let it post. (it gets down to temp -46) If I remove the prometia connections it starts up and posts fine. What the F*ck is wrong with it. All settings still at default. I E-mailed Chip Con but haven't heard anything. That's one thing I hate about buying these because tech support is out of the country. If anybody has any ideas I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Nate

Nohto
01-05-2003, 03:11 PM
On another note, how can I just run the Prometeia without going thru the Motherboard? I still want it to cycle at the designated temperatures, but I don't want it controling the reset and power switches anymore. That way if it locks up I don't have to turn of the Prom to reset the computer.

Hardass
01-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Is this a initial install or have you been using the prom and now you are having these problems. What mobo are you running. You can run the prom and be able to reset mobo without restarting prom by not using the reset wire from the prom but the one from the front of the case. be aware doing this if you forget and start the prom after it has been shut down for a period of time you will fry your chip as it takes the prom a few minutes to get to a safe operating temp.

Nohto
01-05-2003, 03:54 PM
No I have had it for about 2 months. Abit NF7-S is a new install today though.

Nohto
01-06-2003, 01:50 PM
bump

SpicyHuevos
01-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Unplug the main power from your prometeia. Then unplug the atx plug from your board. Look at the plug near the center you will see a green wire with a black wire on each side of it.
Jump the green wire to a black wire with a paper clip or something. Then plug in prometheia and it will kick on instantly.

Nohto
01-16-2003, 04:50 AM
I called Chip-Con.Com and found out that they are having trouble sending E-mail to certain accounts. If you have sent them E-mail and haven't received an answer, you might want to try a different account. I know that Earthlink works and that MSN doesn't.