PDA

View Full Version : Playing Backed-UP PS2 Games

Serra
10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm interested in backing up a few PS2 games, but am not sure how to ensure that they are playable. I seem to recall people saying you need some kind of mod chip to allow it, but if anyone can recommend me some good how-to links for copying and playing copied PS2 games I would greatly appreciate it.

The trick is that my PS2 is one of the new slim ones, so I'm not sure how that fits in to the mod chip deal.

~ Serra

craig588
10-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Yep, you need to mod it, the soldering is pretty easy though. I belive the slim PS2s are very unreliable with mod chips installed though.

All of my consoles are modded or capable of playing backups in some way. (This includes all of the classic systems too)

Although mod chips are not illegal, use of them is, even if you are running only stuff that you have programed youself like I do. I like to program on unique CPUs and integrated systems, but I can't afford those multimillion dollar developer units.

mikenam
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
since u have a slim ps2 u need to either mod it or use swap disk. if you had a fat ps2 u can load an exploit from the memory card and play backups from a hdd or a dvd backup.

KoHaN69
10-25-2005, 03:44 PM
swap magic 3.6 + lid

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::ban ana::banana::banana:

craig588
10-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Ew, just ew. Swap cds are just hokey. Do it right and buy a 50$ mod chip, don't half ass it because you only want to spend 30$.

mikenam
11-13-2005, 07:35 PM
well w/ the slim line the laser burns out easily when modded. unless u get the laser fix or sumthing.

craig588
11-13-2005, 08:34 PM
That doesn't even cost money to perform. Stop being so lazy.