PDA

View Full Version : My Cooling, should i upgrade?

Craash
10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I have the PC3-720 with cpu, nb, hd and gpu coolers. Ive read that more flow better cooling, so should i up my pump for the AquaXtreme DDC Mag
or something along those lines. Well it handle the increased flow rate, or well i need a few other mods.

I have a P4C800e dlx, enermax 420w psu, 2gb cmx 512 that ill be upgrading to the giel stuff. 2.8c cpu with a 250gb 16mb wd cavier hd ill also be bumping this up to two 36.5raptors or should i just buy another 250? Aswell as an ATI Radeon 9800pro 128mb card. I can run XT speeds but the 128mb hacked bios's are unstable with testing, so back to pro bios. This gpu needs some major cooling or volt mod, any ideas/links.

Im kicking myself atm, to bad i didnt find this site earlyer, i could of saved myself a nice chunk of change. O well, Im deff. utilizing it now ;). Any idea's are welcome. Ive googled around and found some good volt mods lined up but this cooling could use some help. Thanks in advance

Forgot, anyway to fit a phase changing unit in this case and still keep the core in the same place? Or would that be a dremal job?

I just took my case apart and I find that both wire leads going to the pumps are cut. So basically im pulling that pump and resv. out, moveing my front panel usb-firewire-audio/mic jacks to this location. Ill be making a flush mounted alum. plate to set those there. Im also planning on moving the hard drive locations to just below my rom drives. I know im going to run a raid but havent descided the configuration as of yet. After moving the HD Rack I should have plenty of room for a different pump and resv. Also this puts both pieces behind 2x80mm fans wich will aid in cooling slightly i assume. I also have some idea with changeing the front grill out. I have a friend that works at Trenz., if anyone reads any truckn mags. I was gona hit him up for a billet insert for the front as well as one over the 120mm fans up top. Ive seen some frosting on the bay windows and I think it looks pretty nice so ill add that as well. And lastly for the outside is repainting the case high gloss black and lay down several clear coasts.

For the inside i was planning on painting it a bright white(not to sure yet). Combine that with a frosted side panel and some black lights, not sure how many but enough to light that sucker up bright but keeping it as clean as possible.

(( This well be my 1st extinsive(for a rookie) case mod ))

Im just about done with the tear down and prep work. Been sanding all day just to scuff up the surface inside and out. All comments, flames, advice is completely welcome.

Damn im tired, forget to ask wich pump/resv. i should get for this application. Aswell as tubing size for the correct flowrates?