PDA

View Full Version : Fix fiberglass?

Vince2005
10-01-2005, 01:45 AM
My moms car got hit and it cracked the panel right behinde the wheel well I was wondering if theres anyway to glue it back together or somehow patch it up?

Ugly n Grey
10-01-2005, 04:37 AM
you buy a two stage compound for flexible autobody body panels that is sandable and can be refinished. It's a type of epoxy that comes in large tubes and is mixed together. Is there a dent? or just a crack?

Vince2005
10-02-2005, 02:41 AM
its cracked all the way threw but its like a almost a complete circle I wish it was a dent then it would eb a whole lot easier.I ataced apicture I made in paint shop my its the same car just not exact location and size of the crack just an example.I looked at the panel and it can be removed.Bodyshop said $500 for a new panel just the panel :(

IYP
10-02-2005, 06:01 AM
go to an autoparts store and ask them for the stuff UNG reccomended....shoul=d be a moderatly easy fix

Ugly n Grey
10-02-2005, 06:23 AM
You can fix that with standard fibreglass compound and auto body fill as well if you have skills... blending in the paint takes some experience, but give it a whirl.... If you go to high school, ask the auto body teacher if he can get it fixed in his class, you can always donate a hundred bucks or something elses teh shop needs.

Rukee
10-02-2005, 12:10 PM
or you may be able to score that body panel at a salvage yard, sometimes they even have the right color.
If they do, DO NOT TELL THEM IT`S THE RIGHT COLOR!!
Otherwise they jack up the price if they know you don`t have to paint it.