PDA

View Full Version : Getting back in saddle again!

mdzcpa
09-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Last winter I assembled a pretty nice self contained SLI gaming rig that I managed to get to the top of the ORB. It didn't last long once the serious cascade guys jumped in, but it was fun none the less.

As winter approaches us here in Michigan its time to get back to the 3D hobby in full swing. Those that know my work know that I am after the highest scores from a real 24/7 fully self contained rig.

Based on preliminary reviews I've concluded crossfire is not quite ready for prime time (in my opinion), so I'm sticking with an NF4 based rig. Accordingly, its gonna be SLI.

The Mach II is tweaked a little but mostly stock. The FX 55 will be going up for sale (along with my current X850XT PE) in favor of a FX 57. But I'm gonna get going with the 55 for now. She does 3250 in 24/7 duty. The 2 x 1g ballistix I have hit 280 easy, so they will stay. 2 x 1g isn't best for benching...but this is a real gaming rig.

I'll also be swapping to the new DFI expert mobo when it surfaces. I want the space between the slots for better hose routing and waterblock clearance. In the meantime my Ultra modded to SLI will do.

I'll be breaking out the extra water cooling and pelts this weekend to accomodate my new current guests of honor:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37749&stc=1

All this won't be enough to tackle the ORB, but it should put up some good scores and make for some serious gaming nirvana :banana:

cabojoe
09-30-2005, 06:34 PM
***ducking and running***

afireinside
09-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Haha sweet welcome back MDZCPA! You should get that mach 2 modded ;)

althes
10-01-2005, 09:54 AM
great to see you back

Mathias-K
10-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, welcome back! :)

Cpt Twitchy
10-01-2005, 01:54 PM
What about one of these new Opterons for CPU? Don't get me wrong the FX57 is awesome just food for thought.

perkam
10-01-2005, 08:52 PM
I seest this day in thy future long ago...I KNEW IT !!! :D

Looking forward to you taking the top spot man..all the way :up:

But first, some pictures of the cards themselves :slobber:

Perkam

illmatik
10-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Hiya Mike!! Guess you're preparing for the days when the dragstrip is covered by several inches of ice and snow ;) A stationary, indoor Marauder of sorts eh?